Optiarc AD-5280S - CD burning fail

vbimport

Hello!

I use this writer for mainly DVD burning, at that works well. But recently I wanted to burn a CD, and the process fails every time at the end. I have no idea what’s the problem, but I see on the disc that the data is on it - just unreadable.

I’ve downloaded the ‘NECWinFlash’ GUI software, and tried to flash my drive with the 1.G8 firmware, but it says “Error submitting checksum”. I use Windows 10 and I have no idea how to change to PIO mode here.
Maybe flashing is not needed at all, I don’t know.

Please help.

Doesn’t the official flasher work to update the firmware?
How many brands of disks have you used?

[QUOTE=jeffy86able;2774340]Doesn’t the official flasher work to update the firmware?
How many brands of disks have you used?[/QUOTE]

Official flasher? Where can I find that?

For CDs, I’ve tried Verbatim and Memorex.

You’re right, i have found no official flasher for this drive.
However, to my knowledge, the NECWinFlash is an old tool and only supports NEC drives. Yours is a Optiarc drive (basically a newer NEC + Sony venture model) that is not supported by NECWinFlash.
You should use BinFlash which works with your drive (or at least should).
Someone correct me if i’m wrong.

[QUOTE=jeffy86able;2774411]You’re right, i have found no official flasher for this drive.
However, to my knowledge, the NECWinFlash is an old tool and only supports NEC drives. Yours is a Optiarc drive (basically a newer NEC + Sony venture model) that is not supported by NECWinFlash.
You should use BinFlash which works with your drive (or at least should).
Someone correct me if i’m wrong.[/QUOTE]

Downloaded it from here:
http://binflash.cdfreaks.com/#download

Called NECWinFlash, and it says it’s for Optiarc drives also. This is what I’ve tried.

On the other hand, today I’ve burned a Verbatim DVD-R disc totally fine. After that I’ve tried with a Memorex CD-RW and the finalizing came out without any errors.
So it seems that the problem occurs only with CD-R discs. Still… that needs to be fixed somehow.

After firmware version 1.G8 is designed to release the Sony Optiarc AD-5280 SD ID: Q305 and the version: standard Sony Optiarc AD-5280S has idenntyfikator ID: Q285.
Without changing bootcode ID and drive not we download the firmware …

[QUOTE=czary2mary1;2774494]After firmware version 1.G8 is designed to release the Sony Optiarc AD-5280 SD ID: Q305 and the version: standard Sony Optiarc AD-5280S has idenntyfikator ID: Q285.
Without changing bootcode ID and drive not we download the firmware …[/QUOTE]

And how can I change the bootcode ID? Can you help me please?

[QUOTE=VTX;2774961]And how can I change the bootcode ID? Can you help me please?[/QUOTE]

So that more or less looks.
We need to fix the @crazycats Sony Optiarc AD-5280\728x…