Optiarc AD-5280S/7280S/7283S Results & Discussion

vbimport

Extra scans of the above.

As you can see, extra scans were courtesy of the 7280s (@5X) itself and my new iHBS312 (@8x):

Your MCC004 seem to be from the same batch as mine. I also experience the high spike at the beginning. For that reason I only start scanning at 0001 MB. The discs are still readable without any single problem on my devices.

Drive: 7280S
Firmware 1.01
MID: TYG02
Burn Speed: 8x

Good stuff

Nice indeed.

Firmware: 1.01bt-auto
MID: MCC03RG20
Burn Speed: 16x CAV

Verbatim DVD-R 16x
TNR font
MCC03RG20/MAPA (MIT)
AD-7280S 1.60 orig
Burned at 8x, 12x and finally 16x (results attached in that order)
Scanned on a BenQ 1650 (BCIC) @ 8x

Note the different media. Trying something other than the +R batch I provided scans for previously:

I have TYG03’s (Value). I’ve been using TYG02/3 for years. But recently bought the sony 7280S and was wondering if the burner is ok with TYG03? which is best to burn them? 8x or 16x?
If there is better media for this burner let me know. I’m kinda old school and need to get caught up, it seems burning discs half of their rated speed no longer applies. (maybe never did lol).
cheers for any and all advice.

[QUOTE=Mickael007;2668485]I have TYG03’s (Value). I’ve been using TYG02/3 for years. But recently bought the sony 7280S and was wondering if the burner is ok with TYG03? which is best to burn them? 8x or 16x?
If there is better media for this burner let me know. I’m kinda old school and need to get caught up, it seems burning discs half of their rated speed no longer applies. (maybe never did lol).
cheers for any and all advice.[/QUOTE]
I have about 20 TYG03(Value) DVD-Rs left, and I usually burn them at 24x speed with decent burn quality using AD-7280s. There are two kinds of Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs “Value Line” & the the regular premium DVD-R, Here is a link http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/taiyo-yuden-16x-dvd-r-media-value-line-100pk
If you want the highest quality, you must get the Taiyo Yuden dvds that are not “Value Line”. You can also try out Taiyo Yuden (Yuden000 T03 -000) DVD+R

thx, will opt for the regular and not value in future, it’s not much more.

I did my first burn , the firmware is stock, I haven’t update it yet.
also this is my first scan posting, please correct me in the error of my ways, thanks :slight_smile:

There was a spike at beginning, dropped the score from 96 to 88.
also, i s ok to scan with the Sony, I have a ihas424…

Did my Sony die already? I am trying to burn my second Dvd but Imgburn gives me error before starting “Failed to reserve track”.
When I try to eject through imgburn it gives error as well, but open after a small stutter when pushing eject button.

:(:frowning:

I would have liked to edit the above post, but couldn’t find “edit” anywhere, Sorry for 3 posts in a row.
I search google for help. Lots of talk about it may not like the media but TYG are awesome, I tried moser b… dvd-r, same result.
I tried to burn with easycd-da, and it didnt start the burn process either, (write preparation failed)

I remove the drive from device manager and reboot, and it reinstalled drivers, no difference. IT seems to be locked up somehow, very strange. Maybe it has anew form of cinavia protection. Or it’s just a dud? do I dare to update firmware?

long story short. I could not return for replacement cause I through out packaging.
I then went ahead and updated firmware to 160bl_rpcl.bin and now it 's working, for now…
the tray still looks odd at times when ejected, theres a stutter. I tlike opens a cm, stops for .5 secs then opens.

here’s a burn I did, my 2nd, I did it at 16x this time, As well I did the speed test with ihas424. It looked great right up end the end, more spikes, what is causing this?

7280s
TYG03 (value)
16x

Do the discs have any visible defects on the bottom that might cause this?

I looked closely. looked like there was a small dark thin line on the outer edge, the size would be about this >>> _
where the spike is above, is that on the outer edge or inner of DVD?

Sony planning on closing the Optiarc optical division division by March 2013:(

[QUOTE=Mickael007;2668812]I looked closely. looked like there was a small dark thin line on the outer edge, the size would be about this >>> _
where the spike is above, is that on the outer edge or inner of DVD?[/QUOTE]

Outer. Single layer discs (and the first layer of DL discs) are always read from inner radius to outer radius.

Firmware: 1.01
Disc - Verbatim DVD-R 16x, Wide Printable
MID: MCC03RG20
Burn Speed: 20x
Scanned wth same drive and iHAS624A

Firmware 1.6
MAXELL DVD+R, Taiwan
MID: RITEK F16
Burn Speed: 16x