Optiarc AD-5170A/S, AD-7170A/S, AD-7173A/S

I have burned over 400 dvd’s with this drive & it is running strong but I wish I could get better MKM 001 results. Actually I wish MKM 001 media was better. :iagree:

Again the AD-7170A does an extraordinary burn!! :eek: :eek:

I know the posts in this thread are old but I wish these people would stop blaming their lack of skills (Don’t know which drives scan or even what is common scanning speed, & using known bad scanners) on a perfectly good/excellent burner.

Panasonic (TYG02) burned with AD-7170A 1.04
scanned @ 4x & 12x

I agree absolutely! My AD-7170A is the best burner I’ve had yet (outside of my old ND-3500A). It loves to burn at 16X and produces slightly better burns at that speed on MCC004 than it does at 8X or 12X. It beats my Samsung SH-S203B in every respect. When the AD-7200S reaches the US, I’ll buy one to replace the Sammy.

I’ll have to admit though, that the first AD-7170A I received was no good. It produced garbage and couldn’t even read it’s own discs. I RMA’d it back and the second one has been a real jewel. I think that, initially, NEC/Optiarc’s quality control was varying all over the map. In the beginning, if you got a good one it was very good. I think (hope) their quality problems have all been wrung out by now

Yeah, I got two of them Master & slave. I swapped MKM001 with MKM003 & burn my MKM001 @ 6x with great results perfect playback. :iagree:

Don’t be fooled by the “Quality score” which means nothing in this case you know how liteon’s can be @ the first of a too fast scan.
I would’ve done 4x but the external enclosure sometimes doesn’t like to scan @ 4x.

This Is a good burn Perfect playback as always with me this is
“MKM003 strat”

Sometimes she likes to stay @ 6x

Jitter :clap:

Panasonic TYG02 OVERSPEED :eek: burned @12x again on my old faithful 7170 & she’s got (no sh**) at least 450 burns on her!!

I don’t have a burn pic cause I did a backup with clone cd.

Scanned @ 4x & 12X excellent Jitter

MKM001 strategy swapped with MKM002 to get 8x burn [I] think this drive does decent @ 8x on MKM001 I don’t know why the speed is not increased in the FW.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2026182]MKM001 strategy swapped with MKM002 to get 8x burn [I] think this drive does decent @ 8x on MKM001 I don’t know why the speed is not increased in the FW.[/QUOTE]Can you please do a Transfer Rate Test on that disc to see if the disc is fully readable?

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2026267]Can you please do a Transfer Rate Test on that disc to see if the disc is fully readable?[/QUOTE]

I actually put it in my home dvd player & it plays all the way through but yeah sure here is your TRT.

OK

BTW: burst rate is so low because of the external enclosure

I was jacking around while burning you can tell at the end of the burn. sometimes I just can’t help myself but it didn’t affect quality

Double speed onT02 W/7170 It’s good quality but the Pif spikes are fixed on the new 7200 good tatal pif count for 100% overspeed HUH??

Forgot to check the burn image box

I have a new Optiarc AD-7170A that wouldn’t read any files as I opened the File Explorer to view the files whereas my old 6 yrs old NEC +DVD burner (in the same PC) would show all files. I have in the drive a video DVD so all files should show up in the VIDEO_TS directory. I’ve a PC with Windows XP. The drive would show the title of the video DVD. It just won’t show any contents. Please help. Thanks.

I’m not sure buddy post in a new thread maybe more people will see it

imation 4x DVD+R
PRODISC R02 (Made in Taiwan)
FW: 1.05
Burned at 4x

Writer: Optiarc AD-7173A
Firmware: 1.03
Media: Fujifilm DVD-R 4x
MID: (FUJIFILM02)
Burn Speed: 4x
Software: Nero 12 Ess.
Burned 2013