Optiarc 7760H, compatible with any firmware? Requested

Hello, I have an Optiarc 7760H built in to my laptop. I’d like to know if there’s any modified firmware out there compatible with this drive. I believe the hardware is the same as the 7740H, but I’m not sure. Are you guys working on supporting this drive in future? The main feature I’m looking for is RPC1. I dumped the firmware using your flashing tool (the FW is version 1.50), and I can upload it, if it would help you. Please let me know how things are moving along. Also a little related, I was hoping one of you would know the answer to this: The Burnermax Payload Tool (now also built-in to IMGburn) supports the 7740H according to the author, but doesn’t work on my 7760H (I just tested it, got the “scanning failed!” error). Does anyone have any idea why?

Uploading it would be helpful to implement RPC1 patch :slight_smile:

I think I once already had a look at 7760H firmware but can’t find anything on my PC

[QUOTE=Liggy;2703372]Uploading it would be helpful to implement RPC1 patch :slight_smile:

I think I once already had a look at 7760H firmware but can’t find anything on my PC[/QUOTE]

Hello, thank you for your reply. Here’s is the dump: http://www.2shared.com/file/sr9h-J--/7760H-v150.html I know this is a bit unrelated, but do you know of any way I can get this to work with Burnermax Payload Tool as well?

Got it.

Sorry, but I don’t know anything about this Burnermax Payload Tool

[QUOTE=Liggy;2703387]Sorry, but I don’t know anything about this Burnermax Payload Tool[/QUOTE] It’s a tool to help with overburning. To use the full 8,738,897,920 bytes on a dual layer disc. I don’t think I can overburn on the 7760H without some sort of firmware mod.

[QUOTE=flappy;2703395]It’s a tool to help with overburning. To use the full 8,738,897,920 bytes on a dual layer disc. I don’t think I can overburn on the 7760H without some sort of firmware mod.[/QUOTE]
I don’t think that there’s a firmware modification for overburning on any NEC/Renesas chipset based drive except for the Optiarc AD-5280S-CB drives which have a special firmware