Optiarc 7240s New

vbimport

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I bought a recorder 7240s Optiarc Firmware ver. 1.02, but when I try to burn, the writing ends without problems, but when I try to read DVD or CD burned, I do not have it mounted, and put the same on a DVD or CD player at home tells me hard
absent.

The recorder was mounted on a motherboard that has only K8V-X
2 Ports SATA 1, which are used by the motherboard through utilities for managing RAID disk.
This utility recognize the writer but is not recognized
as a normal IDE device, is recognized only this utility
which manages the raid.
In fact if I wanted to start the computer from a DVD I could not do it, because in This boot sequence in BIOS, there is no burner sata
she only took the VIA chip, where I have mounted over the burn
My current HDD, and this utility for managing raid course starts
only the boot HDD.

Is possible that the burner is not working or are the attacks that do not handle a SATA burner but HDD??
I could solve this problem by buying a controller SATA 1 PCI??

I am talking about SATA controller 1, because I only have the PCI slot, from what I seen for a SATA controller 2 I need one PCI-E.

PS
Excuse my English, but I am Italian and I’m using the Google translator ^ _ ^

Hi,

Via Sata controllers are known for being (nearly) incompatible with optical drives.
Indeed, a Sata PCI controller (non-Raid!) should solve your problem. Standard recommendation here are controllers with Silicon Image 3512 (2 ports) or 3114 (4 ports) chipset. The card must be a non-Raid version (often sold as SataLink) or at least be flashable from Raid to non-Raid controller Bios. Also the non-Raid Sata controllers from Promise do work with optical drives.

Maybe you can get a Delock 70096. It’s a SiI 3512 based Raid controller, but it’s flashable to non-Raid version.

Michael

I agree with Michael.

I tried to use the AD-7240S with my Abit motherboard, using the 2 x Via VT8237 connections - no success.

I then tried a PCI add on board with the Via VT 6421 chipset - still no success.

Finally I fitted a Silicon Image - Sil 3114 based board, flashed it with the IDE BIOS and used the IDE driver (both available from the Silicon Image website) now everything works fine.

Thanks for your answers, but I think it will buy another DVD Writer IDE, what do you recommend?

[QUOTE=iceman84;2474397]Thanks for your answers, but I think it will buy another DVD Writer IDE, what do you recommend?[/QUOTE]See if you can still get an Optiarc AD-720xA.

Michael

And if you use a converter Sata —> IDE, it would be possible to resolve problem?

Hi,[QUOTE=iceman84;2474412]And if you use a converter Sata —> IDE, it would be possible to resolve problem?[/QUOTE]a PCI controller card is the more reliable solution.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2474541]Hi,a PCI controller card is the more reliable solution.
[/QUOTE]

but I can not find any SATA controller suitable.
So the only solution that remains is an adapter SATA —> IDE

[QUOTE=iceman84;2474567]but I can not find any SATA controller suitable.[/quote]The Delock card is not available in your country? Ask the vendors mentioned here:
http://www.delock.de/kaufen/onlineshop.html?id=Italien

–> http://www.2pt-inf.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=82

Or see if you can get a used Promise Sata II 150 or Sata II 300 (non-Raid) from ebay.

EDIT:
I’ve seen you posted the same question in the Italian forum. Maybe you should ask there, where to buy a non-Raid PCI Sata card with either SiI 3512 or 3114 chipset (or a flashable Raid version).

So the only solution that remains is an adapter SATA —> IDE
Then be the guinea pig and report if it works :wink:
Of course you can also try the drive externally using a USB-Sata-adapter.

Michael