Optiarc 7203A Cant Read any DVD

vbimport

Hello ppl
Really nice and active forum.

I own a Optiarc 7203A.i tried to firmware upgrade from 1.01 the factory firmware to 1.09.My recorder was unable to finalize the dvds.After that i tried some of the custom firmwares for my model.Since then my recorder cant recognize any type of dvd.i tried to restore to 1.01 or 1.04 but no luck at all.still cant recognize any dvd.
Is there any solution to this?or do i have to buy a new one?
thnx:bow:

Hi and Welcome!

do you have some bootable DVD (I think of Knoppixor perhaps a Vista install disc) available?
This might help ruling out issues with your system. The other option might be to try the drive in another computer.

Michael

Hi and thnx for quick reply.
This mean that my OS cant recognize the type of the dvd or the firmware is corrupt,or the dvd rom?
thnx

Hi,[quote=NordicRavn;2179594]This mean that my OS cant recognize the type of the dvd or the firmware is corrupt,or the dvd rom?[/quote]There might be some problem with your operating system or software configuration. To rule that out, trying a bootable disc (a DVD in this case) is a very good method.
If you can’t boot from a disc (you may need to change the boot order in Bios), then there might be a problem with the hardware (motherboard or the drive).

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2179596]Hi,There might be some problem with your operating system or software configuration. To rule that out, trying a bootable disc (a DVD in this case) is a very good method.
If you can’t boot from a disc (you may need to change the boot order in Bios), then there might be a problem with the hardware (motherboard or the drive).

Michael[/QUOTE]
the problem came when i installed a new firmware.since then the driver was fine.i tried imgburner and clonecd.same results.no recognized media.maybe a repair on windows vista will fix the problem?am trying to undestand why a firmware update can cause a OS to stop working properly