Optiarc 7201S

vbimport

I am using a new Optiarc 7201AS drive. I patched it with version 1.06 from Liggy.

I have a problem recognizing DVD+RW media with this drive (and also a Plextor 760A). All DVDRW+ media are recognized are DVD-ROM (they are DVD+RW from RiData and Maxell) and I cannot write on them.

I wrote on them with a NEC3540 and Nero a while ago.

1. What can be the problem?

When I try to change book setting with DVDInfoPro 5.07, the software says I need command version 4 of the firmware to change book setting. Current command version is 2 for firware 1.06 for Optiarc7201S.

2. Do you have any suggestions? Are both drives screwed?

Thanks,

It sounds like the media itself has become unusable.
For changing booktype on these drives, it’s best to use booktype setting option on Binflash.

Thanks for your reply Dee

1. I paid good money for DVD+RW media and these disks have only been written once. It happened with disks from different manufacturers and the disks are not scratched or otherwise damaged.

The only drive that is capable of writing them and recognizing them properly is a LG GSA-TN21N slim. Once written with this drive, DVDs are recognized as read-only (DVD-ROM type).

This is why I think something else is wrong. And, how can DVDs become unusable by sitting (not even read for a year) in a well protected bag, not exposed to UV light or sun, heat, magnetic fields?

1. I tried to add media type in MCSE but MCSE does not allow me to save the bitsetting fimware available for AD-7201S(I can’t save the changes). Any suggestions?

2. I tried to locate a [B]bitsetting firmware for LG GSA-TN21N[/B] on the forum but nothing is returned. Do you happen to know of such firmware or where I can find it on ClubFreaks?

Thanks again,

[quote=Plextor Sucks;2079347]
I have a problem recognizing DVD+RW media with this drive (and also a Plextor 760A). All DVDRW+ media are recognized are DVD-ROM (they are DVD+RW from RiData and Maxell) and I cannot write on them.[/quote]You happen to have Alcohol or Daemon Tools installed?
They have some options to hide writeable media, IIRC.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2079945]You happen to have Alcohol or Daemon Tools installed?
They have some options to hide writeable media, IIRC.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, you made my day.
I disabled Dtools and it’s working like a breeze, I mean writing. I’ve just ordered another 50 DVDRWs. :frowning:

[B]Are those options tweakable in Dtools?
What would those options be?[/B]

Good morning

I had similar problems, well…more with the drive in general afther using Ligies firmware.
Vista x64, audio ripping programms and even imgburn couldn’t recoqnize cd’s in the drive anymore.
Nero could read/rip them though… and sometimes not. Guess it uses other routines.
Now I am back to the original firmware and all programs function and media is recoqnized.
Even with all optical drives build back in it functions perfectly now.

Damian

ps. I have novirtual drive software installed.
ps 1 I didn’t change booksetting