Optiarc 7200a firmware flash

vbimport

I purchases a new Optiarc 7200A. I am trying update the firmware (101), tried doing it on Imgburn and Liggy @ Dees homepage , nothing will open, extracted to hard drive won’t open. Tryed downloading bin flash from L@ D’s and it would not open I have downloaded Sony/Nec firmware in the past and it was a little tricky (for me, at least).Would appreciate any help.T.I.A. BTW I am using Win 7 64, Asus i-7 1T 8gRam.

Should be pretty much straight forward:

[ul]
[li]Download firmware either from here or from here
[/li][li]Extract firmware from downloaded file
[/li][li]Download Binflash GUI from here
[/li][li]Extract Binflash Executable from downloaded file
[/li][li]Run Binflash and dump your current firmware just to be on the safe side
[/li][li]If your firmware comes as an executable file (.exe) you can directly run it to update your drive
[/li][li]If the firmware comes as a Binary file (.bin) you can flash it with Binflash (Binflash should also accept the executable file for flashing)
[/li][/ul]

Which firmware are you trying to flash with? Does your drive currently have 1.01? I’ve had very good results with 1Z3 firmware on the older bootcode pre-1.09 drives.

You have downloaded a firmware file from Liggy&Dee’s site, and unzipped it using 7-zip? Didn’t you run into trouble with downloads once before and had to use another browser?

[QUOTE=Liggy;2674169]Should be pretty much straight forward:

[ul]
[li]Download firmware either from here or from here
[/li][li]Extract firmware from downloaded file
[/li][li]Download Binflash GUI from here
[/li][li]Extract Binflash Executable from downloaded file
[/li][li]Run Binflash and dump your current firmware just to be on the safe side
[/li][li]If your firmware comes as an executable file (.exe) you can directly run it to update your drive
[/li][li]If the firmware comes as a Binary file (.bin) you can flash it with Binflash (Binflash should also accept the executable file for flashing)
[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]
Liggy,
Thanks for the reply, my mistake was I was not do downloading the Binflash GUI, works great now.