Optiarc 7200 series end of life?

vbimport

Is the 7200 series nearing it’s EOL? Newegg deactivated the 7201S in the last couple days after it’s been OOS since I’ve been looking for one the last week. The only SATA ones listed are the 7200S and 7220S and I’d like a LightScribe burner this time.

Is there something new coming worth waiting for? I need a good DVD writer. I have my BenQ 1620 for scanning but it’s not that great at burning IMO.

Should I wait for something new or try and dig up the 7201S?

Thanks!! :bow:

[quote=SLM crew chief;2160051]Is the 7200 series nearing it’s EOL? Newegg deactivated the 7201S in the last couple days after it’s been OOS since I’ve been looking for one the last week. The only SATA ones listed are the 7200S and 7220S and I’d like a LightScribe burner this time.

Is there something new coming worth waiting for? I need a good DVD writer. I have my BenQ 1620 for scanning but it’s not that great at burning IMO.

Should I wait for something new or try and dig up the 7201S?

Thanks!! :bow:[/quote]

I just purchased a 2nd 7200A P-ATA from the egg about 4 days ago for i think 22.99 and free shipping. The 1st one i received a little over a week ago and it had FW: 1.06 on it and i since reflashed it with 1Z2. Now as far as firmware goes i see there is 1.08 for this drive now. EOL for the 72xx series don’t know. Actually in my opinion by Feb 2009 all P-ATA will be history and you will see only SATA and whatever new comes out. The only thing i pray for is that the industry does’nt dump regular DVD’s and Blu-Ray takes over 100%. If that happened i have like 30 burners for a museum.

I think regular DVD’s will be around for a while as far as NEC all of their new drives so far are LiteOns(7220). I picked up a second 7200S:) just in case.

Thanks! I think I’ll order a 7200S and 7201S. :smiley:

Oh, and I’m guessing Verbatim would be the best media for LightScribe also?

I will agree with you regular DVD’s i think will be around for years to come still but how do you feel about what i said about PATA drives?. I can tell you this you may see one more PATA Pioneer Drive and some from other companies and after that it will be SATA only and i got that from Pioneer USA. Heck i got two Plextor 760A retails from 2006 still in unopened boxes.

:iagree: with PATA drives are about to become a thing of the past. I have several SATA drives and I am very happy with their performance.

[quote=SLM crew chief;2160134]Thanks! I think I’ll order a 7200S and 7201S. :smiley:

Oh, and I’m guessing Verbatim would be the best media for LightScribe also?[/quote]
Yes,Verbatim makes a very good LS disc.

BlueRay what about Protein-Coated DVD with very long lifespan. If true forget and BR disc anyway all sony hardware is always crippled, lets hope sony doesn’t buy out this.

new egg also has deactivated the 7200-S btw (as well as the 7201-S which is noted above)

directron still has them at stock at a similar price (as new egg)

They still have the AD-7200S at ZipZoomFly:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10008493

[QUOTE=negritude;2172011]They still have the AD-7200S at ZipZoomFly:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10008493[/QUOTE]

directron has it too (7200-S) as of 12/7/08

[QUOTE=mastercca;2172244]directron has it too (7200-S) as of 12/7/08[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you said that already. You don’t need to post over and over and over. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=negritude;2172554]Yeah, you said that already. You don’t need to post over and over and over. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] sorry everyone can’t be as perfect as you , this was a fun site / forum …