Optiarc 7170a wont read DVDs under windows xp

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7170A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]ok a few weeks ago I had watched a rented DVD… no problems.
Now I cannot get any Data or DVD movie disc to be recognized by the drive, but only under windows XP home edition. I downloaded the Windows 7 RC1 and tried to install from it and all worked from the same drive. I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows xp and did all updates and installed Power DVD the system just says that no media is present. I have tried different movies and tried those same movies in different drives. they all work except in my optiarc 7170a. and they only do not work while running windows xp environment. Help please

Is the problem with all DVDs or just DVD-R? If only DVD-R, it may be the problem at http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/nec-optiarc-dvd-r-reading-problems-209168/.

no this is happening with DVD +r and -r. Also it is not working with DVD movies. The windows 7 disc I made was on DVD +r like I said in the windows XP environment it will not read it. If I boot the system from the same disc in the same drive the system reads it just fine. Let me know if there is more info I can give you. Thanks