Hi all. I have very big problem with Optiarc 7170a drive and I will be happy if someone can help me or I will need to get new one.
First my rig: Athlon 64 3000+, 512MB ddr2-667 Transcend, Gigabyte nForce 550 Motherboard, NEC 3500AG 2.1 firmware and Optiarc.
Every dvd I burned on Optiarc isn’t readable at NEC nor in Optiarc. I tried all possible combinations and nothing helped:
- Removed NEC
- Change position on cable from Master to Slave
- Tried various burning software, Nero, Roxio, ONES, ImgBurn…
- Tried in Win2K & WinXP
- Tried to change from DMA to PIO mode
- Changed original firmware to Liggy 1.O3
- Tried 5-10 different media
- Installed original drivers for MoBo from Gigabyte CD I’ve got
Nothing from this helped.
Then I installed Vista…because I was desperate…and guess what?? Optiarc and NEC are reading disks perfectly! What can be the problem with this drive then???
I don’t want to work in Vista 'cause I don’t have enough ram memory and I don’t like it.