Hi all. I have very big problem with Optiarc 7170a drive and I will be happy if someone can help me or I will need to get new one. :sad:
First my rig: Athlon 64 3000+, 512MB ddr2-667 Transcend, Gigabyte nForce 550 Motherboard, NEC 3500AG 2.1 firmware and Optiarc.
Every dvd I burned on Optiarc isn't readable at NEC nor in Optiarc. I tried all possible combinations and nothing helped:
- Removed NEC :disagree:
- Change position on cable from Master to Slave :disagree:
- Tried various burning software, Nero, Roxio, ONES, ImgBurn... :disagree:
- Tried in Win2K & WinXP :disagree:
- Tried to change from DMA to PIO mode :disagree:
- Changed original firmware to Liggy 1.O3 :disagree:
- Tried 5-10 different media :disagree:
- Installed original drivers for MoBo from Gigabyte CD I've got :disagree:
Nothing from this helped.
Then I installed Vista...because I was desperate...and guess what?? Optiarc and NEC are reading disks perfectly! What can be the problem with this drive then????
I don't want to work in Vista 'cause I don't have enough ram memory and I don't like it.