Opinions please?

vbimport

Refurbished Intel 530 240GB SSD, $70 + $6 shipping Canadian.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167415&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL113016CA&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL113016CA--EMC-113016-Index--SSD-_-20167415-L0B&_ga=1.84086489.1525164258.1480545862

For the price, I say go for it
Test it hard and furious for the first little while
If it survives keep it, if not return it
Also check its smart info initially to see if its worn
You can use Crystal Disk Info

[QUOTE=gonca;2784743]For the price, I say go for it
Test it hard and furious for the first little while
If it survives keep it, if not return it
Also check its smart info initially to see if its worn
You can use Crystal Disk Info[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your input.

The price point makes it worth trying

I never ever go for refurbished

Thank you for your input. I had never purchased refurbished either, but a short while ago I bought a refurbished WD 2TB from Newegg and it has turned out really good. I know the drives are not the same and everyone can get a lemon, but maybe that buy is why I’m leaning towards pulling the trigger on this one.

At the price point I would go for it.

I have had really good luck on refurbished monitors so far, haven’t got a HDD or SSD yet that was refurbished, but would if the price was right.

It looks like it’s sold out now, though. :frowning:

Can you still order?

You are correct Albert, Shoulda, woulda coulda.

OUT OF STOCK.

Gotta agree with Millennium12. Personally I wouldn’t touch one however, it’s only $70. I can get a 275MB Crucial here in OZ for AUD$125 (which is about the same in Canadian $s)

What sort of warranty did they give you with the drive and what does it come with new?

I WILL go for refurbished provided it has some kind of warranty and of course a much better price.
It’s always a risk but for some things at the prices they usually go for it’s worth the risk to me.
I bought a refurb 2tb hard drive in a server form which was the heavy duty version with a 6 month warranty for 30 bucks shipped.
That was worth the gamble, especially when several buyers had gotten bad ones but they replaced them immediately with another good one no problem.
They just all had high hours but almost no power cycle time and mine seems to work fine, runs cool, and passed all the tests and formatting I did with it.
I’ll buy another if they get a bunch more in like that.
Also got a excellent Vizio 40" 5.1 sound bar for my flat screen for like 205 shipped and those are normally like 350 or something, has a small warranty, was like new, probably just returned, and sounds great with a bunch of inputs and extra features.
They even had some as open box returns for like 135 shipped recently but those could have been missing minor things and already have one so always worth watching for deals and weighing the pros and cons before jumping in at a great price.

When it comes to refurbished HDDs & SDDs, keep in mind that the manufacturer can reset the SMART data.