Opinions on the software update 2.0.1.3

vbimport

Thank you.

I think your application has great potential but overall polish is definitely needed.

Opinions on the update please here.

hi

The Software is working well actually but the User Interface need a redesign.
I don’t need a special design only a simple, stable, fast and clear interface.
with translate File support.

I use a Y580 notebook with msata ssd as cache for windows.

Velossd was working great until I windows updated recently. Then it BSOD. (maybe due malicious software removal tool? or virus definitions?) Fortunately I had a system image so reinstalled Velossd after restoring. Velossd keeps removing the cache, and then my boot up BSODs.

No longer using Velossd because of this, and my pc works fine now but very slow. How do I report the issue so it may be fixed?

We apologize for the inconvenience, taking this very serious.
This issue is under investigation.
So better not start windows update until we know more.

Version 2.0.1.4 is available that solves problems with Windows update.

For all changes in Verson 2.0.1.4 see here:
http://www.elitebytes.com/UpdateVeloSSD2012.aspx

Working for me now.

Do I always have to set a drive or partition to active otherwise the cache is removed?

I also noticed windows crashes once I remove cache. Not going to try it now.

[QUOTE=Nero FX;2672605]The Software is working well actually but the User Interface need a redesign.
I don’t need a special design only a simple, stable, fast and clear interface.
with translate File support.[/QUOTE]

As the recent update 2.0.1.4 shows, the software wasn’t fully working. Having this in mind I wana say, I couldn’t care less about the gui as long VeloSSD continously bricks my windows installation after some week.
The update note from 2.0.1.4 remind me what I did before the last crash, windows update :Z
Maybe all bugs that bricked my system in the past are gone by now, I just lost the mood to give another try anytime soon again.

Anyway, there is still another mystery about VeloSSD I still dont get.
How can the write through mode use the cache instead writing directly to harddisk?
From my understanding, in this mode should all data beeing written to harddisk immediatly. Never should be remain any unwritten data if windows is shutting down. Surprisingly VeloSSD dont work like this and its easy to prove this.(I tried with version 2.0.1.2)
Just copy a bunch of files to the cached drive and shutdown windows after this. Now search on cached drive without loading VeloSSD(connect it external or use a live stick), the copied data are not on the drive!
So whats the difference between the write back and the write through mode :confused:

Doesn’t work.

SSD is a 128GB MSATA accelerating a 1TB Seagate drive.

Error indicates “Earlier VeloSSD startup environment was found…contact support”

Hello,
to remove, issue
bootrec /fixboot
from recovery console.
This message appears when an older cache installation
wasn´t removed correctly.

[QUOTE=EliteBytes;2674289]Hello,
to remove, issue
bootrec /fixboot
from recovery console.
This message appears when an older cache installation
wasn´t removed correctly.[/QUOTE]

:doh:

It may be a good idea to have a few packaged utilities that people can use to recover/restore their systems well enough to boot in case VeloSSD goes south due to an update or any other issue.

Is this possible?