Opinions on Fuji DVD+R MIT

vbimport

I stopped by a local store that was having a sale on Fuji DVD+/-Rs (and CD-Rs as well). I’m evidently way behind the curve, as all Fuji I’ve ever seen/bought was MIJ, and I was surprised to find that all of these were MIT. Can I ask you all what your opinions are about Fuji MIT? Obviously, they’re not going to be as good as MIJ, but are they acceptable? Is Fuji MIJ still even possible to find?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=BodyElectric;2487981]I stopped by a local store that was having a sale on Fuji DVD+/-Rs (and CD-Rs as well). I’m evidently way behind the curve, as all Fuji I’ve ever seen/bought was MIJ, and I was surprised to find that all of these were MIT. Can I ask you all what your opinions are about Fuji MIT? Obviously, they’re not going to be as good as MIJ, but are they acceptable? Is Fuji MIJ still even possible to find?[/QUOTE]

FujiFilm MIJ media is virtually impossible to find nowadays. Most recent FujiFilm MIT DVD and CD media are made by Ritek. The quality of the CD-R and DVD+R (RITEK F16) media are pretty good for the most part, but the DVD-R (RITEKF1) is more variable in quality.

Are these discs produced with Oxolife dye? I haven’t touched anything except Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden, but I’m a bit curious as to how Fuji’s technology performs.

[QUOTE=Skua;2499365]Are these discs produced with Oxolife dye? I haven’t touched anything except Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden, but I’m a bit curious as to how Fuji’s technology performs.[/QUOTE]

Yes, RitekF1 & F16 media are produced with Oxolife dye. :wink: