Opinion on these BD-Rs

vbimport

Hi,
I have found some good priced BD-R 25GB on Amazon.co.uk and was looking for opinions on which is best (I have a voucher for Amazon so need to buy there)

TDK 25GB (74p per disc)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TDK-T78301-25GB-Recordable-BD-R/dp/B004LR5XSC/

Digistor 25GB (74p per disc)

TDK 25GB (59p per disc)

Pidata 25GB (53p per disc)

I am leaning towards the Pidata because they are cheapest and have good reviews. But if the other ones are better quality I am willing to pay more. My burner is Liteon IHBS112

Thanks

The biggest problem with this scenario is your Liteon burner. Liteon’s are not good quality burners. You may have to always spend more on higher quality media to make up for Liteon’s low quality hardware and shoddy firmware.

Okay but do you have an opinion on the blank media?

I heard that the Digistor was made in TDK Japan so maybe that is the best option in that price range.

It’s true, the Digistor is made by TDK and has stellar reviews. I personally use Digistor and Panasonic discs for archiving data.

All that Digistor? Really? Who told you that?

[QUOTE=Electrox3d;2692203]It’s true, the Digistor is made by TDK and has stellar reviews. I personally use Digistor and Panasonic discs for archiving data.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I will give them a shot and hopefully my crappy Liteon doesnt cause any issues.

I have some digistor they are not TDK

Oh well. Too late, I have ordered and it looks like they are already dispatching. I just bought one pack so if they suck I will try something else.

Thanks

they seem fine but im using a pioneer 208dbk which i think is regarded as a better burner then your litey but dont quote me on the pioneer being better

EDIT: in future my friend stick to these http://www.rivieramultimedia.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=11754132 i use the same discs and company their awesome

I had a voucher to use up and they didn’t have any Falcon Media on Amazon.

Yeah my burner is probably a bit crap, if I could go back in time I would buy a Pioneer… you live, you learn

I have LiteOn iHBS112 and Digistor discs (I’ve ordered just those on the link and they are the good TDK kind)… don’t play well with it… At least with PL01 fw (old FW, can’t update for now because stupid Windows FW updaters :a ).

The Pidata discs (CMCMAGBA3) actually have burned reasonably well.

I will try the Digistor’s with my Pioneer (208DBK) some day, but I wouldn’t trade the Liteon for the Pioneer… Pioneer doesn’t do quality scans.

So whats the MID on your digistor then as mine were cmcmag

TDKBLD-RBD.

Check TDK BD-R SL thread. On the second page is also my scan…http://club.myce.com/f179/tdk-bd-r-sl-273605/

Probably your digistor discs are 4x kind? These TDK’s are 6x. Which could explain why it’s CMCMAGBA3.

I ordered the Digistor in the first post and the ones I got are TDKBLDRBD, made in UAE.

TDK 25GB (74p per disc)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TDK-T78301-25GB-Recordable-BD-R/dp/B004LR5XSC/

These are PHILIPR04*

Digistor 25GB (74p per disc)

These are TDK BLD RBD*

TDK 25GB (59p per disc)

These are RITEK BR3**

Pidata 25GB (53p per disc)

These are CMCMAG BA3**
and they would be my choice, because BA3 can be pretty good!

*According to my own experience
**According to customer reviews

Thanks, K. Wouldn’t it be nice if sellers would offer this detail?

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2692730]Thanks, K. Wouldn’t it be nice if sellers would offer this detail?[/QUOTE]

That would make my day!

Pidata, for example, does at least name the manufacturers of their discs.

Thanks Katraine - really useful information.

Hi everyone, I am thinking of buying these, can anyone recommend them for reliability / I have a “LG BE14 writer”:rolleyes:

[B]50 x Pidata AAA-CMC Blu-ray Disc (HTL with Dark Inorganic Dye) - 50 x BLU RAY RECORDABLE DISC DISK BD-R - 25GB 4x[/B]

Hello,

the mediacode of the above named Pidata BD-R25 4x should be CMCMAG BA3.
Although You will not get many coasters, the Quality is only mediocre, it depends on if You get a good spindle or a bad one, I have seen both.:confused:
The LG writer should be able to burn them with decent quality at 4x or 6x.

Kind Regards