Operation Flashpoint

vbimport

A bit new to this, I'm trying to do a back up of Operation Flashpoint (as the cd has a numbr of scratches), I place the CD in my CD reader and started up CloneCD 4, go through the process and click finish. CloneCD tries to read the CD but seems to just stall there and the CD reader makes an intermittent wirr. I'm using an ACER 20/10/40 writter to do the reading. Any suggestions, I understand that the game has SD 2.51 installed on it, could this be a problem, I have also tried CD Mate but it came back with damage sector 856... etc. Any suggestions

Nathan

what settings do you use in clonecd?

i don’t think yur burner can do the copy. it can’t correct efm properly and it writes in raw mode not raw 96. try cleaning the disk first

perhaps the disk is just damaged to bad…

Your burner can do safedisk 2 but not the new 2.51. I´ve made a backup of operation flashpoint with an acer 2410a. This game does not have sf 2.51.

You even don´t need AWS

Do you see anything in the log ?

what you should see in the log is a bunch of errors, that is Safedisc at work for you.

Basically to make an image of the game, clonecd reads all the sectors and as you know safedisc has those weak sectors ( whatever you want to call them ), yes you can read them just fine but the catch is clonecd will go thru all the errors, this will take some time , making an image will take about 2 hours, but it might take as much as 6 hours.

So i suggest you pop the cd in, set clonecd to make an image file then go to sleep and in the morning it should be done.

Originally posted by hburrows83
[B]what settings do you use in clonecd?

i don’t think yur burner can do the copy. it can’t correct efm properly and it writes in raw mode not raw 96. try cleaning the disk first [/B]

I have just used the default settings, anyone know if there is an update for the firmware for this writer, so that it could do the copy or is it more than a firmware upgrade?

Thanks so far :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Number_17
[B]Do you see anything in the log ?

what you should see in the log is a bunch of errors, that is Safedisc at work for you.

Basically to make an image of the game, clonecd reads all the sectors and as you know safedisc has those weak sectors ( whatever you want to call them ), yes you can read them just fine but the catch is clonecd will go thru all the errors, this will take some time , making an image will take about 2 hours, but it might take as much as 6 hours.

So i suggest you pop the cd in, set clonecd to make an image file then go to sleep and in the morning it should be done. [/B]

Nothing in the log other than the usual it didn’t even come up with any errors, could this take sometime to come up with the errors? I’ll try writing the image tonight and see what happens.

Thanks

Originally posted by Number_17
[B]Do you see anything in the log ?

So i suggest you pop the cd in, set clonecd to make an image file then go to sleep and in the morning it should be done. [/B]

What about this FADE thing that is also protecting the CD?

I am not selling this or making money from this in anyway but…
you might want to look into this product

skip doctor review: http://www.siliconinsight.com/hardware/skipdoctor.shtml

manufacturer website:
http://store.yahoo.com/advantage123/skipdoccdrep.html

maybe that will help, what it basically does is remove a layer of plastic from the cd. it works something like this, if you have a peice of wood with a gouge in it, ( the wood being the cd ) it will sand it down till everything is smooth.

the data layer ( reflective side ) remains untouched.

thats all i know about it, i don`t own the product myself but thought you or anything might be able to use it as it repairs scratched discs that might otherwise be unreadable at all.

As for FADE , Fade is only in the 1.10 version of flashpoint, here is a link for more info
http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_protections_fade.shtml

and here is a link to no cd/ “fixed exe” programs for the protection as well in case you have trouble
http://www.gamecopyworld.no/games/pc_operation_flashpoint.shtml

hope that helps, make sure the following the instructions.

Cracks are not allowed …

Originally posted by hburrows83
i don’t think yur burner can do the copy. it can’t correct efm properly and it writes in raw mode not raw 96
OK - if a little investigation was undertaken before offering advice (which I’m all for, btw) then I wouldn’t have to make little posts like this one.

[ul][li]All Acer burners will backup SD2 up to 2.51.020 (note the last zero in the version) - OFP can be done with this burner - reading it will be hell, tho ;)[]Acers will not backup SD2.51.021 and greater (note the 1 on the end of the version) without AWS (even this is hit & miss) and most of the time it will work in the burner only. (My Acer 1210A won’t do it)[]Acers read in RAW only; all this means is that they cannot read SecuROM, audio, ProtectCD, CD-Text, Karaoke etc[*]Acers write in RAW+94; all this means is that they cannot perform the uncorrected Q subcode channel write for PSX LibCrypt or write CD-Text & Karaoke.[/ul]Check, check, check…:wink:
[/li]
Look at the ‘must reads’ in my signature

“What about this FADE thing that is also protecting the CD?”

FADE is a problem only if you use serial crack, it doesn’t do anything even if you use no-cd patch if you have right serial.