Open thoughts to Lighting UK

I just wanted to say you are sitting on top of a gold mine. While not having Img burn myself at the moment I think it could be time to take your program to the next level. By that I mean turn it into a full fledged burn anything program. Yes a pay for version. A Nero without all the bugs. A straight up full burning program. Perhaps working with Slysoft allowing the core functions without actually including slysoft programs. Something similar to what slysoft has been doing to keep shrink alive and working. You could still offer Imgburn as a free program but I sure would NOT have any problems paying for a full service burning program. Your “Changes” list is usually a page or two long which shows a real commitment to improving your software. Now I think it’s time to give these other burning programs some real competition. The challenge will be great but the rewards could be greater. Bk

Yep!!!

LIGHTNING UK! was warned off from developing DVDDecrypter so I can’t see him forging an alliance with Slysoft.

no one said anything about an alliance, but it’s perfectly legal to develop software that happens to “play well” with others :slight_smile:

i suppose in a way imgburn already cooperates with slysoft since it can use the elby driver and also burn clonecd/dvd images.

Yep :iagree: Now it’s time to turn it into a full service burn app like Nero minus all the problems.

FIX EXISTING CODE + More Features = More Code = More Bugs = Nero.

Of course, there is also …

LEAVE EXISTING CODE + employ kindergarten hackers to implement A single new Feature = a bit of new code = More Bugs than all Microsoft products combined = EZCD.

LEAVE EXISTING CODE + employ kindergarten hackers to implement A single new Feature = a bit of new code = More Bugs than all Microsoft products combined = EZCD.
LOOL!! :slight_smile: Sorry but i couldnt just stop laughing.

As for converting ImgBurn into a full mastering burning program, it is of course up to LIGHTNING UK!, but IMO i dont see this happening.