Open source plugin might be free solution to Cinavia removal

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Open source plugin might be free solution to Cinavia removal[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/07/myce-logo-cinavia22-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/open-source-plugin-might-be-free-solution-to-cinavia-removal-71723

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

If I am reading this correctly the last update to this plugin was in Oct 2012, so its been around all this time and we never knew about it? This has to be wrong.:o

DVD-Audio watermarks have never really been an issue, since most players ignore them. (It was never a licensing requirement for players.)
In any case, if it works for Cinavia, great. Even if it requires decoding to LPCM, its still useful. Should have known that something would turn up for Foobar.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2728824]If I am reading this correctly the last update to this plugin was in Oct 2012, so its been around all this time and we never knew about it? This has to be wrong.:o[/QUOTE]

I already had it installed in my Foobar plugins folder for quite some time…just for the sake of having it,but never used it,nor needed it so far…:o:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=CDan;2728825]DVD-Audio watermarks have never really been an issue, since most players ignore them. (It was never a licensing requirement for players.)
In any case, if it works for Cinavia, great. Even if it requires decoding to LPCM, its still useful. Should have known that something would turn up for Foobar.[/QUOTE]
So why have all these people making such a big deal over this, its been out since forever and no one in the community ever mentioned it, I have my reservations about this.:confused:

I didn’t have this in my foobar version but I downloaded & added it.
I probably will never use it but it’s there if I need it.

I would like to try this, but I have so far managed to avoid Cinavia, mostly by avoiding blu-ray discs.
I really hope this works. wouldn’t that be good and annoying for a large music/hardware company the rhymes with pony.
We shall see.

The package as is, can be used to erase DVD Audio watermarks, but not the Cinavia. Cinavia is very similar but further developed with some what different parameters.

However, studying the package together with the accompanied document, should give any reasonable smart engineer enough ideas to develop a completely generic and future proof watermark removal tool. I already have such a future proof Cinavia removal method. Or alternatively, some one can reverse engineer the latest Cinavia and figure out the secret parameters. Plug these numbers into the existing package, and it should work, too. I think I will still prefer a generic method like mine, without bothering with any specific parameters.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2728828]So why have all these people making such a big deal over this, its been out since forever and no one in the community ever mentioned it, I have my reservations about this.:confused:[/QUOTE]I have many reservations about this but as everything with Cinavia I will belive it when I see it done other than what Dvd-Ranger has already figured out which kisses Cinavia goodbye.
If a free open source program emerges from the darkeness I will be sure and try it untill then just more unknowns.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2728828]So why have all these people making such a big deal over this, its been out since forever and no one in the community ever mentioned it, I have my reservations about this.:confused:[/QUOTE]

The DVD-A watermark was intended to force MLP decoders to down-mix 5.1 audio to stereo if the audio was not on an encrypted disc, but there was never any licensing requirement for decoders to honor that. It was as much an issue for software as for hardware players. I may very well be wrong, but I always thought that the way around it was to just use players that ignore it. I never heard of anyone needing to remove or disable the watermark itself.

how do i save it into a say mp4 file and do i have to play though the entier movie and then export it or what

hey if this works with dvd disks how about testing it with a cinavia protect dvd disk i can confirm Wrath of The titans ( 2012) DVD Contains Cinavia

Finaly it is a difference between a watermark bit and a audio that is infected through all bands with a watermark.
However, every “watermark” detetcor will give an idea how a watermark system work. But if you take a look to the DVD Audio watermark patent and the Cinavia patnets then you see that there is a big difference.
However, it seems that every crazy message about Cinavia is worth to get published without any real background checking.
Finaly I ask me, why this guy was vistied by the FBI and now can report and work with open source. Really, really amazing.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2728852]Finaly it is a difference between a watermark bit and a audio that is infected through all bands with a watermark.
However, every “watermark” detetcor will give an idea how a watermark system work. But if you take a look to the DVD Audio watermark patent and the Cinavia patnets then you see that there is a big difference.
However, it seems that every crazy message about Cinavia is worth to get published without any real background checking.
Finaly I ask me, why this guy was vistied by the FBI and now can report and work with open source. Really, really amazing.[/QUOTE]

DVDRanger:

You are still clueless aren't you? How long have you worked on trying to remove Cinavia? You never discovered this open source package by yourself, did you? It proves that you do not even know how to google stuffs and find stuffs on the internet. How come I am the first one on Myce to report this finding? The package is no secret: There has been nearly one million downloads. Meaning nearly one million people in the world knows this long before I told you!

And you are now in denial. The DVD Audio watermark is created by none other than Verance. It's the same technology as Cinavia, but just an earlier version of their watermark technology. Some parameters have been changed in Cinavia, of course. But the working principle is the same.

Now go back to your white paper, DVDRanger, and check to see how many of the stuff you got right and how many you got wrong. Time to re-write your white paper.

Nevertheless with your ignorance with how Cinavia works, you still manage to defeat it. For that I give it to you. It once again shows how weak Cinavia is. One can erase it without having any idea how it works. My method works better than yours and is much more efficient. You made some wrong assumptions of how Cinavia works. My method makes no assumptions whatsoever, so it cannot make any wrong assumption. My method just wipes out the Cinavia without knowing whether the watermark existed in the first place or not. It does not need to bother with that unimportant detail. Thus my method runs at one thousand times faster than real time, while your method takes a super computer running day and night to produce result for just one movie.

I was being invested by FBI for alleged trade secret theft. The fact of the matter is Verance knows full well that my method does not rely on any of their trade secret, and that I have not taken any of their trade secret. With the full knowledge that there is no trade secret issue here, why did they maliciously report to FBI that I had stolen their secret? Because they [B]have a very big arse to cover[/B] that their technology, developed over 15 years and costed investors [B]80 or 90 million dollars[/B], now end up being defeated by a small C program of a few hundred lines of code and containing zero knowledge of the embedding method. They have to find a scapegoat or else they can not explain it to their customers or their shareholders. But I [B]refuse[/B] to be their scapegoat. I must speak out as loud as I can and exercise every bit of my freedom of speech. Being investigated by FBI is no joking matter. I am fighting not just for my innocent, but my very survival as a human being, as well as survival of my kids. Being un-employed and with very little saving left while also being investigated by FBI, is the worst thing that can happen to a innocent person who just want to make a living using his intelligence and raise a family. Are they going to charge me with a crime for writing 300 lines of innocent computer code that I have not even disclosed to any one? Are they going to charge me for an innovative idea that exists in my brain and has not been disclosed to the public yet?

Everything I talk here are public knowledge and common sense. I truly have no possession of any Verance trade secret and have no ability to leak any of their secret parameters. And as I said, they are not needed.

Really? You think really that we never checked this plugin before? If you are clever, you can see that we also published our first code on sourceforge.com and we are developers on other projects there, too. So you really think that we never checked the available code?
Why you told the public wrong things? This plugin is not worth to be checked because the technology is complete different.
And what is your effort? You post all the time little cut offs. Unync audio and video, time pitched audio, 2 channel and so forth. So what is your solution, until it is just warm air and catched by the FBI. And if you tell us now, that the FBI frees you from stealing sectrets in this short time, then this is again a lie.

The border to bring a proof is very high:
1.) Bring a proof of 6 channel audio.
2.) Bring a proof of downmixed audio
3.) Bring a proof on torrent downloads with experts downmixing tables.

And finaly bring a proof of the removing. You last solution was just a simple disable function, means you just confuse the Cinavia detector. As we have written here, this was a regular wave, no random wave, so VErance need at least one day to kick your solution out.
Our solution has NO Cinavia inside, so Verance cannot update the detector.

I suggest to bring a proof with a tool that can convert a Blu-ray video to a Blu-ray video without Cinavia in at least the same quality as DVD-Ranger does. And no regular waves that can Verance catch.
II do not think that Foobar, a audio player can give you an advance here.

By the way, it seems that our white paper is good enough to bring a working solution. Where is your white paper or your working solution?

Lets all take a chill pill people which ever solution works the batter and what would be better still if we get a free and open source tool to do this

@firefly, I do not want to say that our solution works better, I will never write that our solution is the best and people will laugh about others work (Greetings to Cienoway).

Fact is, Foobar is audio player. And the watermark this plugin “try to beat” is complete different from Cinavia. This is just a forced wrong information.

If you read the previous posting from Cienoway, he wrote that we never checked this code before. But he wrote that Verance invested 80 millions and never checked this code, too? Unbelievable, isn’t it?

The more solutions there are to beat Cinevia,the better…:iagree:
But ATM,and despite all other claims,I’ve only seen 1 decent solution so far…and that’s Ranger’s…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2728869]The more solutions there are to beat Cinevia,the better…:iagree:
But ATM,and despite all other claims,I’ve only seen 1 decent solution so far…and that’s Ranger’s…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]Same here RW;)