System: Samsung SW-206 4x2x24 CDRW
Mustang 534G Mobo
Cyrix 300 M II
128 MB Ram
WD 13.6 HD
1. Using DirectCD 2.5d formatted and then used drag-n-drop to copy the
important files to CD. Standard duty … copy files from “D” drive to one
CD, “E” drive to another, etc. Left each session “open” since there was
still quite a bit of space left on each CD.
2. Next day formatted my Hard drive, repartitioned, formatted, and
3. During the install I installed the CDRW software (Direct CD, etc.)
and read from the “D” drive CDR that I had made to get to my “DRIVERS”
directory where I had all the latest drivers for my hardware. Everything
4. Spent the next several hours runnign through the upgrades process -
downloading files from MS to make sure I had all the updated dll’s and
versions running. After finally completing that I went to start restoring
5. HERE IS WHERE THE HELP COMES IN! The "D" CDR read BLANK. So looked
at the other CDR’s - of the 4 CDR’s that I burnt last night only one still
showed any data. Tried the DirectCD Scandisk program but it just said the
CD bas blank. Downloaded and ran the CDR DIAGNOSTICS program from CDR
Productions software which shows there are CD tracks used but that no Data
6. Went to Adaptec site and made sure I had the latest ASPI info... updated but still no go. 7. Finally in desperation I disabled my primary drive so that the slave was seen as the boot drive... installed W95 bare and the DirectCD/UDF software .. still no help!
My last idea is to find a sector editor for CD’s. Norton Utilities doesn’t see the CD so I am looking for something along that idea.
Anyone have any suggetions for what to try next?
Any ideas, suggestions, listings of crematoriums, etc greatly appreciated.!
Henry P. Schupp