Open Season

vbimport

Has anyone managed to copy “Open Season” yet ? I’m using dvd regionfree with dvd shrink and everytime i try to copy it, an error message comes up saying invalid dvd structure or something like that. Anyone got any ideas.

DVDregionfree is not updated to support corrupt disc structures that sony has used on open season.

Please use DVDFab decrypter ( can be found at the top of the forum ) and you will be able to copy the disc without a problem.

Or if you are wild and crazy and feeling that you have a few bucks to spare go with DVD Fab gold or Platinum and you can retire Shrink that is no longer updated ( but still a very good program for older discs ).

I’ve managed to copy it with no trouble using DVDFab Platinum

Sorry I didnt fully read the reply above mine and now I see that his answer covered everything lol

Have you copied it with the “Standard settings” of DVDFab and with the “internal” VSO-burner?

I did on the first try. Change from sao to packet and us nero burning rom.

I copied it ok with no problems using 3.0.8.6 Try these setting from StormJumper
There is no tutorial for DVDFab Platinum at this time, BUT you may find this helpful

1.) Open DVDFab Platinum
2.) Put the DVD movie you are going to make a backup copy of into your DVD drive, the movie title will appear in the source drop down window
3.) In the target drop down window chose the location of your DVD Writer that will be used to do the burning of the disc
4.) At the bottom of the screen choose the size of the blank medics disc you will be using for the backup in the drop down window with the word Quality next to it, DVD5=compression and DVD9=no compression
5.) Depending on if you have one or two DVD Writers hooked to your computer,
a.) If you only have one DVD Writer connected to your computer then you will have to wait until the program has finished the copying process to your hard drive and then you will be asked to insert a blank media disc into the drive,
b.) If you have two DVD Writers connected to your computer put in the original disc into one of the DVD drives(making sure this drive is selected as the Source),
And put a blank media disc into your other DVD drive(making sure this drive is selected as the Target),
After the program reads and copies the movie from the DVD Drive that contains the original DVD disc the program will then start the burning process to the DVD Drive containing the blank media disc
6.) Click the start button at the lower right corner to start the process
There is no need to use another program like Nero to burn a movie using DVDFAB Also use these settings
DVD5 is for single layer disk which requires compression and DVD9 is dual layer disk also try these settings
When you open common settings and click on write on the left side it opens the write settings page and you will see

Burn Engine
A dropdown window

Write Speed
4x or 8x here

Write Type of DVD-R Media
A dropdown window…put SAO here

DVD Writable Media (DVD-5) Size
A dropdown window…put 4464 here use customize to enter the size

checkbox…Set booktype to DVD-ROM (Only for DVD+R/RW media)…check the box

Jim