Open Range

vbimport

Hi guys,

I hope that you can help me. I am a bit of a newb but I have backed up many DVDs without a problem. I have a DVD that I want to back up. Open Range. Dvd decrypter won’t read it, DVDshrink, or smart ripper. They hang at 51 percent and report CSS and cyclical redundancy check errors. The disk is unlocked. I have cleaned it and it works fine in my standalone and with playback using the 411s.

I have a Liteon LDW 411s

I am in the US

Thanks

I had no difficulty backing up my copy of “Open Range” with DVD Shrink 3.1.3.

try ripping with dvd decrypter.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
try ripping with dvd decrypter.

Originally posted by Shrinker
Dvd decrypter won’t read it
Perhaps the disc is hosed, waxed, damaged ?

ah, i must’ve read too fast. sounds like possibly a scratched disc to me.

> … sounds like possibly a scratched disc to me.

Indeed. If decrypter can’t read it, nothing can.

@Shrinker what I/O are you using in settings? ElbyCDIO, ASPI, ASAPI, which one? Try ElbyCDIO if you haven’t already.

I have tried to backup two different sources of Open Range. Mine and my neighbors. Both will playback on our PC’s but neither will play on our home theater systems. His dvd is new out of the box. Mine is in excellent shape. I am using DVD XCOPY Platinum. Is there a better (one that works) tool? :eek:

I think your problem may be DVD XCOPY Platinum. :iagree: Like other members have said your better off with DVD Decrypter and then DVD Shrink. After you try that let us know how you make out. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I’ll give DVD Decrypter a shot and let you know.