OPC on Verbatim BDR LTH 6x

vbimport

Hi,
is better or not to enable the OPC feature to burn Verbatim BDR LTH 6x at 4x speed ?
I have a Pioneer 2209 with 1.31fw

Hi,

I can´t say from my own experience, but, regarding the scans of VERBATIMu in this forum, I would say it doesn´t matter much for these LTH if OPC is on or not.
It´s more a matter of blank disc quality and serial spread, if the results are good or not.

I don’t have a BD reader to run a scan quality and I can’t make a comparison with and without OPC but, if I understand well about this feature, is recommended to use it when we a have a avarege/poor quality disc then I hope that with LTH Verb this feature will improve the final result. Is correct ?

Or the OPC is only used when the fw of the device doesn’t know the write strategy for a particular mediacode disc ?

Are you talking about ImgBurn’s OPC feature? If so, it will not make a big difference. Turn it on (enable OPC). If the burn will not start (rarely happens), turn it off (the drive still performs OPC because it is programmed to do so).

[QUOTE=Albert;2758753]Are you talking about ImgBurn’s OPC feature? If so, it will not make a big difference. Turn it on (enable OPC). If the burn will not start (rarely happens), turn it off (the drive still performs OPC because it is programmed to do so).[/QUOTE]

Thanks you.
I think I will not enable it because the fw 1.31 of 2209 just contains the write strategy for this type of disc (like appears in the official Pioneer doc BDR-209M_FW1.30.pdf).

I only hope that for this “low budget” Verbatim the degradation of the support in the time will not be too fast…