Only the Plextor Premium+BW 5 is capable of copying securom 4.8+?

Is that the only possible current combination that will reproduce securom 4.8+? Or there are other possibilities to make a backup without emulation? Thx

Most writers can make a working copy of securom 4.8x protected cds with twinpeak patching. These copies do not require any form of emulation to run from most drives though, of course, an atip hiding utility is required if playing the copy from a writer.

See here and/or here for how to go about it.

Yes but the grave drawback of twinkpeak copies is they can’t install in most drives so 2 copies of the same backup are needed:
One “twinpeaked” you can use to launch the game and another without twinpeak you can use for install the game!

Only Plextor Premium can do real 1:1 Securom 4.8 backups that will run and install in all drives!

Originally posted by Venturer
Yes but the grave drawback of twinkpeak copies is they can’t install in most drives.

Not so. In fact, they do install from most drives, the notable exceptions being Toshiba, Plextor and Asus drives. Further, no-one with any Lite-on drive (which means most of our members) will have any difficulty in installing from that drive.

In any case, since the copy is a back-up, you can always install from the original (it’s not as though one has to install any particular game all that often).

Only Plextor Premium can do real 1:1 Securom 4.8 backups that will run and install in all drives!

Unfortunately this is not right and the Plex Premium Securom 4.8 copy is NOT a real 1:1 copy, because there are a few drives that don`t install even a Plextor Premium Gigarec copy!

I read this fact in another forum and found out on my own that my LG 4040B burner doesn`t install these Gigarec copies. Maybe this is only a problem with some BURNERS?

But this is true: The MOST drives install these copies.

:wink:

I thought Premium copies are perfect 1:1 one!
Are you sure of what you are saying?
I never heard such things before.
Gigarec copies (and i m talking of Gigarec normal audio copies with more than 900MB in a 80Min cdr) can be read even on oldest Philips CD audio playes so it’s very strange a modern CD ROM unit can’t read it.
What are other units that have problems installing Premium copies made with BW?
Have you tried to update the firmware of your LG?

It isnt possible to make a perfect 1:1 copy of securom 4.8, only a close enough to fool the protection mechanism

Originally posted by Venturer
I thought Premium copies are perfect 1:1 one!

There is no such thing as a “perfect 1:1” copy of any copy protected cd. :wink:

Originally posted by philamber
There is no such thing as a “perfect 1:1” copy of any copy protected cd. :wink:

thank god someone finally said this!:stuck_out_tongue:

I never heard such things before.
Gigarec copies (and i m talking of Gigarec normal audio copies with more than 900MB in a 80Min cdr) can be read even on oldest Philips CD audio playes so it’s very strange a modern CD ROM unit can’t read it.

here is the list they started of devices that have trouble reading audio and regular data cd’s that used gigarec

thank god someone finally said this!
this has always been acknowledged, but the Plextor Premium and Blindwrite from Version 4.5.3 to present, is the only combination that will give you the closest 1:1 copy (SecuRom 4.8*)you will acheive as explained in this thread here

because there are a few drives that don`t install even a Plextor Premium Gigarec copy!
This has never been a problem as far as making back-ups of the games. The gigarec function doesn’t compress the game data at all.