Only Plextor and Liteon burners can backup sd3?

Hi again,
I’ve been reading some posts, like the one of the LiteOn drives that get past of sd3 and others in wich someone told that plextors can backup games with sd3 using alcohol.

I know that it hasn’t been a long time since the release of sd3, but there are other known drives wich can make working backups of this?

ASUS and LG (GCE models)

sorry for my ignorance but what do you mean by “GCE models”?

Well mate, my series 6 (48246s) liteon cant back up SD v3.15, nor can my LDW 811 :(. I purchased a new CDRW drive yesterday, a AOPEN 5232ARR CDRW i brought this burner purposly for backing up SD v3.15 i havent had time to test it yet, but from all reports from the forum here it does SD3.15 no probs (shithouse reader though)
cheers :slight_smile:
BTW the Aopen drive was only $50AU cheeeep

Actually, SafeDisc 3.15 is quite a pickle to backup, as very few readers can play it successfully, and many burners can’t burn it properly.

No burner can copy it perfectly.
U can try it with a Lite-on, but be sure it will not work everywhere, even with a Asus.
This is why most people says it works and many other doesn’t. Try it on picky drives. With the amount of emulating tools on the web, there is a high chance to forget something, and get a copy to work, since Safedisc 3.x is easyly emulated with almost any emulating tool.

Good luck!

Thanks for all your answers!
:iagree:

Reading this statements it seems that it’s really hard to make a backup of Safedisc 3 protected if you don’t wanna use those emulation tools.

I think developers should make efforts to cheap the games, and not waste thousands of dolars making harder and stronger fucking protections that don’t let you even backup the game you’ve bought (spending a considerable amount of money), to keep the original intact.

Just my opinion, I hope it doesn’t bother anyone.

(Again, sorry for my english. Besides, writting here it’s perfect to improve :bigsmile: )

But then piracy would get out of control, and it would get to the point where game companies would just stop making games.

But I do think that you should be able to make your own backups.

Originally posted by MrJoshua
Well mate, my series 6 (48246s) liteon cant back up SD v3.15, nor can my LDW 811 :(. I purchased a new CDRW drive yesterday, a AOPEN 5232ARR CDRW i brought this burner purposly for backing up SD v3.15 i havent had time to test it yet, but from all reports from the forum here it does SD3.15 no probs (shithouse reader though)
cheers :slight_smile:
BTW the Aopen drive was only $50AU cheeeep

And did you test it??? I’m very curious…
What will you use for reading???

I have an LG GCE-8483B CD-RW drive. I tried with Alcohol 120% and can’t backup SD 3.10.

Another thing is that I can’t select the writing speed with it, do you know if there’s any firmware update or if this is normal?

how do you check which safedisc 3 version is used. i bought morrowind game of the year edition PAL and backed it up using CloneCD with the SafeDisc 2.9 profile, burnt it off with my LTR-48246S (which is now overclocked to LTR-52246S) and the backup works fine.

clonyxxl says the protection is SafeDisc 2.9, Aray scanner says that the games uses > SafeDisc 2.9 and the SECDRV file on the CD says that the version is 3.18.

how do i check the proper safedisc version number?

SafeDisc Analyser.

Install your game and then scan the game’s exectutable(e.g gameprogram.exe) with SafeDisc Analyser to find the exact version.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
[B]SafeDisc Analyser.

Install your game and then scan the game’s exectutable(e.g gameprogram.exe) with SafeDisc Analyser to find the exact version. [/B]

Thanks but it doesn’t detect any version, everything just stays with a - in it. I loaded up the game *.exe and there was no *.icd. Perhaps the SafeDisc version is newer than the program can recognize? I’ve read a lot about SafeDisc 3.15 but the SECDRV.sys file says version number is 3.18.

Nope, many other games have that 3.18.000.

I would say that it is SafeDisc 2.9, but if your backup works, why worry?

And did you test it??? I’m very curious…

Yes mate i can confirm the AOPEN 5232ARR CDRW can make a working copy of SD3.15 . I have tested it on RCCARS also Prince of persia 2. Both copys work in my LTR48246S also in my LTD165H and LDW 811. The only emulation i am running is Hide cdr media while running from cdrw/dvdrw drives. I used my LTD 165H to make the images :slight_smile: All in all im impressed with my $48AU cheep ass AOPEN burner.
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile: