Only 2x speed possible

Using NeroGetAvailableSpeeds i only get ‘2x’ as being available - the drive is an LG 8080 - write up to 8x.

Get same results if i use NERO_SCSI_DEVICE_INFO devInfo.nsdiWriteSpeeds.nsiSupportedSpeedsKBs.

NeroInfo shows speeds up to 8x.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Could it be the limit of your medium? Is your recorder a USB one?

No - the media is x48 write capable, the drive is a standard internal IDE drive which has write speeds up to 8x. (Do you need media in the drive to do a capabilities check?)

The app tried on another PC gives multiple speeds (x2, x4, x8 etc), but on another (DVD Write) it only gives 12x.

I’m wondering if maybe its because i was developing using a trial version of Nero and it has expired (i can no longer use Nero itself) - but the SDK doesnt complain.

I’ve tried using the command line samples which also give x2 as the only speed:

“nerocmd --driveinfo --drivename f” gives max write speed = 2x.

drivename f
Drive letter : F
Device name : LG CD-RW CED-8080B
Device id : 1
Host adapter name : atapi
Host adapter number : 1
Underrun protection : <none>
Drive buffer size : 00000800
Mandatory BUP speed : <none>
Device type : WORM
Media support : CD-R/RW, Fixed Packetwriting
Capabilities : allowed dao read_cd_text variable_pauses_in_tao dao_write_
cd_text
Read speeds : 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30,
Base speed in KB/s : 150
Write speeds : 2
Base speed in KB/s : 150

But as i mentioned, Nero InfoTool reports the correct available speeds.

I’m wondering if maybe its because i was developing using a trial version of Nero and it has expired (i can no longer use Nero itself) - but the SDK doesnt complain.
If your demo version expired then this is the answer as you only have the lowest burning speed available. To solve this, you must purchase Nero.

OK, thanks - I’ll have to convince my Boss to buy a copy! Or maybe i can convince him to get me a DVD Writer for test purposes with a bundled Nero!!