Online PDF unreadable. :(

vbimport

Hey guys, I recently got a new laptop and have attempted to download and view all documents from this page: http://www.dell.com/support/Manuals/us/en/19/Product/xps-15-l521x

…But the file size that is 942k entitled ‘Dell XPS15 L521X Specifications’ at this address: ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_xps_laptop/xps-15-l521x_Reference%20Guide_en-us.pdf shows a blank screen, with an ‘F’ on it like the Flash logo, even though it is apparently a PDF. I’ve also tried opening it with VLC player as that plays flash but no joy. I can’t view it whether online or downloaded. Can anyone help me out? I’m using Windows 8.1.

return back to windows 8 and see the difference. good luck

For what it’s worth the built-in PDF viewer in my Firefox 25.0.1 also shows a Flash-type logo.
When I download the file and open it in Adobe reader 10.1.8, I see a single page with very little useful information on it (see image below - a 50% screen capture).

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2714126]For what it’s worth the built-in PDF viewer in my Firefox 25.0.1 also shows a Flash-type logo.
When I download the file and open it in Adobe reader 10.1.8, I see a single page with very little useful information on it (see image below - a 50% screen capture).

[/QUOTE]Ah, I was using Microsoft Reader as Adobe wouldn’t do an online install. After what you said, I found an offline installer and now it works - thanks alot, problem solved! :slight_smile: