One Tip for PX-W4012TA and old VIA boards

Yesterday i had one customer of my ,who had the ABIT VH6 ,VIA based board ,and i had install one PX-W4012TA on it …

The PX-W4012TA and the CD-rom drive was operating in the Nero speed test very sluggish .
The Plextor was operating as SLV drive and not as CAV …
By updating the motherboard with the latest Bios ,the problem got solved …

So , before you blame your own PX-W4012TA for slow speed , just update first the motherboard Bios !!!

Long time ago, there was a very large post in a german newsgroup: Plextor 40x and VIA KT133A is a bad combination. The Plextor 40x writer (and only this one) does not like VIA KT133A chipset (and only this one).
This has then been reported from several users. Other VIA chipsets do not seem to be affected.

ABIT have supply the fix with date as 7/2002 , so for the ones that they have update their Bios in the last 5 months ,they will have solve the problem …

Does any one know the date that the 4012TA was released in the market ?

Originally posted by olyboy
Does any one know the date that the 4012TA was released in the market ?
16 January 2002 - Release of new product PX-W4012TA
06 March 2002 - Release of new product PX-W4012TA Special edition: black front bezel
08 May 2002 - Release of new product PX-W4012TU

Thanks G@M3FR3@K …

So the conclusion is that the fix had come out 6 months later ,than the actual production date …
6 months full of nags and confusion …

Lets hope that my thread will help some others …
Funny enough i do not know if all the other brands they have care to implement the fix , but the ABIT owners will find the cure .