One stop shop software, joining burning etc

I have read the posts on joining and converting divx / avi’s and converting etc. For a beginner this appears daunting. I am looking for a software package that is all inclusive.

So, Is there a software package that can do the following

i. join avi files

ii. analyze and correct basic problems with in the file structure if they exist. [ I read that there is software that can do this and fix basic problems]

iii. Then convert the files to dvd format for burning.

I do not have the time to learn several different softwares to accomplish one end…a use-able dvd that plays here in america.

When you find the [I]perfect[/I] solution/app/tool/method(s), do let us know…
In the meantime try AviDemux which will happily join two AVIs of similar specs, and convert to Mpeg2…Unfortunately for [I]you[/I], you’ll have to use an authoring app/tool to create a proper DVD structure…Then of course you’ll need a * drumroll * burning app…A bit “daunting” but it works…
Of course you could try some of the Avi–> to DVD apps…DVDflick, ConvertxtoDVD, AVStoDVD, FAVC, etc…
I’m sure others will chime in with the perfect ALL-IN-ONE solution…Good luck!:slight_smile:

uLead makes several programs that can do that I believe. 21 day free trial on most of their stuff.

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2279577]When you find the [I]perfect[/I] solution/app/tool/method(s), do let us know…
In the meantime try AviDemux which will happily join two AVIs of similar specs, and convert to Mpeg2…Unfortunately for [I]you[/I], you’ll have to use an authoring app/tool to create a proper DVD structure…Then of course you’ll need a * drumroll * burning app…A bit “daunting” but it works…
Of course you could try some of the Avi–> to DVD apps…DVDflick, ConvertxtoDVD, AVStoDVD, FAVC, etc…
I’m sure others will chime in with the perfect ALL-IN-ONE solution…Good luck!:)[/QUOTE]

If I were looking for the " pefect" solution I would be sitting in an old farmhouse in Kansas waiting for a twister, going off to see the wizard. I was looking for one media center profile paid or free so I did not have to change from one software package to another.

Sorry to tell you that there is NO all in one, that will do everything. You will need a minimum of 2 - 3 different softwares. Many of us have dozens of them. Even the very expensive professional softwares don’t have a single software that will do everything. Some come very close.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2279725]Sorry to tell you that there is NO all in one, that will do everything. You will need a minimum of 2 - 3 different softwares. Many of us have dozens of them. Even the very expensive professional softwares don’t have a single software that will do everything. Some come very close.[/QUOTE]

OK…So what is the best package… I read the one tutorial but I was looking for a software[s] that I had heard of…should I use the ones in that tutorial, they are somewhat outdated…

win xp home 3.2 gz proc. 2.5 gig rem other bs and winxp home sp3