One FAB To Rule Them All

VideoFab looks like another great product from the master but I did notice some minor issues being reported.

I have always wanted our esteemed creators to have one product that just did everything that all the FAB products do - and do them perfectly. Even getting into video & audio editing, custom DVD menus that can be created and swapped between DVD’s, jacket cover editing and DVD text, multi-video conversion software - all this and more in a professional media studio format. This is not a thread that should be thrown under feature requests for DVDFAB. This actually goes beyond DVDFAB as we know it. It would have to have a completely different platform to encompass a media suite with such versatility. Wow, a program that could do all this with the “FAB” technology and style built into it would probably be the hottest application of its kind on the web. Would anyone like to share some thoughts on this?

Sorry, I disagree.
I, for one, do not want to see any more [I]applications[/I] added to Platinum. Adding additional [I]functions [/I]as the industry evolves is something else again.
Platinum does everything I want and does it extremely well and without causing me problems. All users are not so lucky and while some of these users are noobs, many are highly competent and experienced.
Just take a look all the issues with VSO and the Mobile functions over the last several months.

I would advocate just the opposite and split off any additional applications so as not to create more issues with features already working well.
We don’t need more bloatware out there.

and as such i can see dropping the mobile from dvdfab and offering videofab separate.

just look at all the options in my dvdfab platinum with mobile option.

VFab does not decrypt DVDs and as far as I know will not. It was not designed to replace the mobile option. It is a standalone file converter.

[QUOTE=signals;2153821]VFab does not decrypt DVDs …[/QUOTE]

okay, thanks :slight_smile: havent even installed it yet. :slight_smile:

Yes but you can always use dvdfab gold or platinum to decrypt and save to computer then use Vfab on those files. I also would like to see the mobile options as a seperate program that way they can focus on just 1 program that has problems at a time. As they are working on 1 program that has a lot of features right now so when they release the updates there are still bugs in it. Now since they charge upgrade price every year they need to fix the bugs more so they can keep everyone happy.

To All,

Well said . . .

[QUOTE=maineman;2153767]Sorry, I disagree.
I, for one, do not want to see any more [I]applications[/I] added to Platinum. Adding additional [I]functions [/I]as the industry evolves is something else again.
Platinum does everything I want and does it extremely well and without causing me problems. All users are not so lucky and while some of these users are noobs, many are highly competent and experienced.
Just take a look all the issues with VSO and the Mobile functions over the last several months.

I would advocate just the opposite and split off any additional applications so as not to create more issues with features already working well.
We don’t need more bloatware out there.[/QUOTE]

strongly agree - competitor attempts to make an all-in-one prouct have never worked well e.g. Nero, Roxio, Windvd - each release gets bigger & more bugged, leading to lots of user complaints & rolling back to earler simpler version that work better.

I’d also agree with the approach to have seperate programs for seperate functions but I (personal view) would at least like them integrated from an interface and usability point of view.

E.g. still present a common interface that makes calls to the seperaet functions/progs

[quote=Asbac;2156973]I’d also agree with the approach to have seperate programs for seperate functions but I (personal view) would at least like them integrated from an interface and usability point of view.

E.g. still present a common interface that makes calls to the seperaet functions/progs[/quote]
Actually what it should be is dvdfab gold or platinum for the decryptor and you can choose to burn to dvd and/or save to computer. Then you can use the mobile option or Vfab to convert to what ever format you want.

I should have made this post clearer. I would like to keep dvdfab gold and platinum the way they are and have the mobile as a seperate program that can be used with any other dvd copy program we choose to use. Because as of right now you need to buy the gold or platinum in order to use the mobile option. And keep Vfab as a seperate program also