On-board sound problem, Realtek HD/ATI

vbimport

Just installed and fitted a HD 4670 PCI-E card, working fine, but I have no audio, when i installed the software for the card it also installed ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio, I have now disabled this so on a reboot hopefully the Realtek HD onboard audio will work, is this the best way to do it? i have since tried it with and without ati hi-def audio drivers, still only pc speaker working, will I have to do something else to get my audio to work? In device manager it said ‘this device cannot start (Code 10)’ I have updated drivers for audio also, now I have updated drivers and rebooted, it says that the device is working properly but has no drivers, even tho when i check the drivers tab it seems to have necessary drivers installed, ouch, thanks!

Your video card, has nothing to do with your audio (which is either on your motherboard, or you have a dedicated video card. You should do a system restore, back to before you installed the video card. Then make sure that you only install video card drivers, and nothing else…

sorry, that was maybe confusing, the graphics card came with drivers for hdmi out audio, the problem i have is when i try to install drivers for the onboard sound chip, sound from my onboard still doesn’t work, i’ve trawled the internet for issues with this particular card and the similar 4850 and can’t seem to find anything other than a reinstall of drivers or resetting bios, i had sound fine before adding the 4670, if i try the drivers for the soundcard that are in the windows preinstalled drivers list, my system hangs and boots in safe mode, i’ve tried the latest 2.10 drivers for my audio, but still doesn’t seem to enable sound

You need “ATi HDMI Audio Driver” or whatever Realtek calls it, regular one wont work.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1261/Realtek_HD_ATI_HDMI_v2.09.html
If I’m not mistaken it only works when you actually have a HDMI device attached.
//Danne

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;2190259]You need “ATi HDMI Audio Driver” or whatever Realtek calls it, regular one wont work.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1261/Realtek_HD_ATI_HDMI_v2.09.html
If I’m not mistaken it only works when you actually have a HDMI device attached.
//Danne[/QUOTE]

i won’t be bothering with hdmi audio, but still having trouble getting the onboard sound to run as i am still getting a code 10 and it doesn’t seem to want to run whatever i do, cleaned out the registry, reinstalled it etc, i may next try running cd i think may have the drivers on, it is for a different motherboard but may correctly install drivers

it is WindowsXP and in sound and audio devices, it says that the realtek hd audio ‘this device cannot start’

solved: if anyone else has this problem, go into BIOS, (F1 on boot) and select the onboard audio from ‘auto’ to ‘enabled’ this should get it to work as normal!

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2190099][B]Your video card, has nothing to do with your audio [/B](which is either on your motherboard, or you have a dedicated video card. You should do a system restore, back to before you installed the video card. Then make sure that you only install video card drivers, and nothing else…[/QUOTE]
That’s not exactly true with the HD series ATI cards.

[I]

320 stream processing units

PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface

256-bit GDDR3 memory interface

512-bit Ring Bus Memory Controller

Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support

ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ Multi-GPU Technology

ATI PowerPlayâ„¢

ATI Avivoâ„¢ HD Video and Display Platform

[B]# Integrated HD audio controller with multi-channel (5.1) AC3[/B] support[/I]

Some info on sound chioces and enabling.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/productfiles/Catalogue_HDMI_Sound_output.pdf

[QUOTE=auguman;2190710]solved: if anyone else has this problem, go into BIOS, (F1 on boot) and select the onboard audio from ‘auto’ to ‘enabled’ this should get it to work as normal![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much man! You saved my day! :clap:
Well done Sir.