On a mission to find RicohJPN R02 8x +R blanks

I’ve heard from about 4 peolpe that RicohJPN R02 branded discs are very good quality. I’ve searched everywhere on the net and can’t seem to find any. Can someone out there tell me of any internet store that sells these discs at 8x +R specs?, I would really appreciate the info. It’s very important that they’re +R because I burn with DVD-ROM booktype setting on my burner and I like my discs to have a max burn of 8x. If it’s all all possible that they’re somewhere on the net, ANY help would be appreciated!

I tried some of these a while back when another poster found some still in stock and they were trash so I returned them. You might want to consider MCC 004 Verbatim 16X discs. These are very good, generally, at 8X on most of my burners, and are cheap and readily available.

The discs you want have been sold as Fuji, Imation, Maxell, and a host of others, but since the move to R03 16X, anything you find will be rather old.

Also see here

[QUOTE=i am x;1939027]I’ve heard from about 4 peolpe that RicohJPN R02 branded discs are very good quality. I’ve searched everywhere on the net and can’t seem to find any. Can someone out there tell me of any internet store that sells these discs at 8x +R specs?, I would really appreciate the info. It’s very important that they’re +R because I burn with DVD-ROM booktype setting on my burner and I like my discs to have a max burn of 8x. If it’s all all possible that they’re somewhere on the net, ANY help would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

You forgot an important detail: where you are. :wink:

If you’re in the UK, it’s no point giving you US based links (and vice-versa).

FWIW, I agree with Chas: MCC004 burned at 8x is excellent media for me. And widely available. :wink:

If you tell us where you live (country), then it’s easier to suggest relevant places to look.

I second [B]chas0039[/B]'s suggestion of MCC 004 (Verbatim 16x DVD+R) - there’s really no other DVD media that is better IMO, although Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+R (YUDEN000 T02) might have wider compatibility with older burners.

EDIT: Oops - the kitty was faster. That means I have to third [B]chas0039[/B]'s and [B]Arachne[/B]'s suggestion about MCC 004. :smiley:

I’m with the OP. I have all the MCC004 and T02 I could want, I want to find some RICOHJPN R02! It seems to be all gone from the stores and I don’t even see any on ebay.