OMG! is this normal?

vbimport

i think QS09 firmware is godly:eek: this was on pio mode also and only burning at 40x media was maxell 650MB 40x cdr
heres the pic

edit: sry pic didnt work b4
edit2: pic works now i think

pic doesn’t work for me. also, i don’t think u can burn at 40x while in PIO mode.

u have a place i can upload pics? for now use this http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/n112087

and about the pio mode not being able to burn at 40x… would it hurt the cdrw if it actually did burn at 40x? its a lite on 52x32x52

In PIO mode the transfers won’t be faster than 20x, so the BurnProof will be activated a lot of times during burning.

Do those small gaps reduce quality? I don’t know, but I suspect it…
I’d like to see those graphs.

here are is the graph for my pio burn(had to save it as a .gif to get it small enuff to upload)

here is a different burn with dma mode on and with smart burn off
(took the disc out b4 it saved but the media is the same as above)

OK.
I thought you had disastrous results with PIO mode :o (I didn’t read “QS09 firmware is godly” :smiley: )

Those scans seem wonderful, except the 1st one, but it doesn’t seem that BurnProof affected at all.
I guess the C2 errors are a slight “defect” in the disc…

i don’t see what’s supposed to be so special about the PIO burn. if u look at the average C1/C2 errors, it’s much worse than the DMA burn (the DMA results are also not uncommon on quality media). here’s one of my burns on my 52246S:

@P_1: Did you check the scale on that graph for the PIO disk?

Yes I also do not understand your point. The result with PIO :Z -mode is horrible. Never ever ever ever use PIO :slight_smile:
I guess you mean TY+QS09 = godly :wink:

i used pio mode by mistake when i first installed it i didnt no that win2k would be retarded enuff to put it at pio mode. after i saw that the buffer kept running low i realized that it was in pio and quickly changed it to dma

Are you trying to say that the burn with PIO had a low error rate? If so then check the scale and you will see otherwise.