@ Ollie CloneDVD & Bitsetting

vbimport

Continuing From this thread

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=124928&page=2

I asked Ollie if CloneDVD supported temporary bitsetting.

Temp bitsetting can be done by using BinFlash made by Liggy And Dee.

The following command is used to set the default booktype for DVD+R to DVD-ROM:
C:>necflash -setbt DVD+R DVD-ROM perm 1.0.0
For DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD+R-DL you can set the booktype to DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD+R-DL. Instead of using perm you may also use temp if you just want to use the temporary settings that only last until the next drive reset. (This feature is not supported by every firmware)

Specifically I am looking for support of bitsetting in DVD+R Single Layer media to DVD-ROM.

Isn’t there some command line tool you can start before burning, to set your drive to DVD-ROM?
And why don’t you set it permanently to DVD-ROM?

Bitsetting via CloneDVD would be really great (as e.g. working in Nero Recode) and is my most wanted feature for CloneDVD!!! :bow:
There are some DVD-Recordes out there, such as the widely spread LG-GSA-4163B, who supports Bitsetting - but not permanently.
I already “misburned” a DVD+R which can not be read by my stand-alone devices
(only supports DVD-ROM and DVD-R) because i forgot to start my command-line bitsetter before burning with CloneDVD. :frowning:
B.T.W.: Philips and BenQ have permanently bitsetting…

Greatings
z.

1. Yes
  2. I am just looking for information right now before I do anything permanent.

Sorry for the confusion.

If through the firmware I bitset the DVD+R permanently to DVD-ROM for both the DL (DVR-R9) and the SL (DVD-R5). Does CloneDVD support both of these changes?

Sure. CloneDVD doesn’t care.

Thank you Ollie. :heart: :bow: :bow: :bow: