Olli: You attention. Diablo 2 LOD funny behaviour

vbimport

Here is some crazy shit I just experienced. Maybe you could explain it?

The game is Diablo 2: Lord of destruction which has Securom new protection. I have patch 1.09D installed.

OS is win XP pro English with all updates from windowsupdate installed.

Backup made with CCD 4 final default game profile. Reader and writer: Lite-On LXR-24101A USB 2.0 CD-RW

Backup works in all devices(3 DVD-ROM's and 4 Writers) when "Hide CD-R media" is disabled. Why do this work since this game should have ATIP check?

And with "Hide CD-R media" enabled the backup do not work in any of the 7 devices!!!! That is very strange as well!!

And now it's getting even more interseting: I made a backup with CD-Mate with the securom 1-2 profile(reader/writer: Lite-On LXR-24101A). This backup works in all DVD-ROM's with "Hide CD-R media" enabled or disabled. In CD-RW drives it works only when "Hide CD-R media" is enabled. That's what I would think was normal.....

Could you(or somebody else) explain that for me before I'm going crazy?

you win. that is the craziest thing i’ve heard in a long time.

I too have noticed some weird shit with “Hide CD-R media”.

I copied FIFA 2002 (SD v2.40.010) with my PleXWriter PX-W2410A, so its a perfect copy. It plays in my Lite-On LTD-163 DVD-ROM without “Hide CD-R…” But it fails to play in my TEAC CD-W54E CD-RW, Lite-On LTR-32125W and Plextor PX-W2410A with “Hide CD-R…” enabled or disabled. It says “Please insert FIFA 2002 CD” when hide CD-R is enabled. And when it is disabled it says “Cannot locate the CD-ROM --> Please eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application” (obviously cause of ATIP check). These are exact quotes of the pop-up message.

:confused:

Apperciate your help :wink:

Originally posted by Plexy
[B]I too have noticed some weird shit with “Hide CD-R media”.

I copied FIFA 2002 (SD v2.40.010) with my PleXWriter PX-W2410A, so its a perfect copy. It plays in my Lite-On LTD-163 DVD-ROM without “Hide CD-R…” But it fails to play in my TEAC CD-W54E CD-RW, Lite-On LTR-32125W and Plextor PX-W2410A with “Hide CD-R…” enabled or disabled. It says “Please insert FIFA 2002 CD” when hide CD-R is enabled. And when it is disabled it says “Cannot locate the CD-ROM --> Please eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application” (obviously cause of ATIP check). These are exact quotes of the pop-up message.

:confused:

Apperciate your help :wink: [/B]

You will see the same problem if you try the original disc. You must run FIFA 2002 from the drive WHERE IT WAS INSTALLED. This is a bug in the game (or this version of SafeDisk).

Thanks mate. Is there a bug like this in MOHAA too or not?

That you are aware of?

:cool:

For anyone interested Olli said:

Maybe, I don’t know for sure.

When I asked him :wink:

most games whant the cd in the installdrive for check

Oc-freak, I’ve encountered exactly the same weird results with back-ups of every other securerom new title I’ve tried (Aliens v Predator 2 and Empire Earth).
Personally, I think securerom new is a trickier protection than most believe. Back-ups that I’ve made with other programs, for example cdmate, only work in my Ltd-163 if hide cd media is enabled and AFAIK the Ltd-163 can’t read the atip.
On the other hand, a clonecd back-up only works if hide cd media is disabled.

Originally posted by philamber
Oc-freak, I’ve encountered exactly the same weird results with back-ups of every other securerom new title I’ve tried (Aliens v Predator 2 and Empire Earth).
Personally, I think securerom new is a trickier protection than most believe. Back-ups that I’ve made with other programs, for example cdmate, only work in my Ltd-163 if hide cd media is enabled and AFAIK the Ltd-163 can’t read the atip.
On the other hand, a clonecd back-up only works if hide cd media is disabled.

There is a known problem with “Hide CDR Media” and newer versions of SecuROM. A fix will be ready soon.

Hello Olli thanks for the buffer increase :)) you may find this thread interesting regarding securom and lite-on read last post I made

Olli said:
“There is a known problem with “Hide CDR Media” and newer versions of SecuROM. A fix will be ready soon.”

I’ve just downloaded and tried the new version 4.0.1.6 and switched hide cd media on. Sorry, but the securerom new bug is still there. Back-up wouldn’t work with hide cd media enabled but still works fine with it disabled.

Olli,
Disregard my previous post. Like an idiot, I forgot to re-boot before testing. I’ll try again after a re-boot and post the result.

Re-booted and tried again, and, yes, the bug has been fixed.:o Thanx Olli:)

Re-booted and tried again, and, yes, the bug has been fixed.:o Thanx Olli:)

Well, I should have added “you need to reboot for the change to take effect” in the revision history. Sorry.

Olli, you’re too kind. I had read you post about re-booting and forgot about it. Also given the nature of hide cd media, I should have realised a re-boot was necessary in any case for any change to be effective.

Olli, you’re too kind. I had read you post about re-booting and forgot about it. Also given the nature of hide cd media, I should have realised a re-boot was necessary in any case for any change to be effective.

Actually it would be possible to change the filter driver on Windows 2000/XP systems without reboot. Had this running perfectly fine. But due a bug in Roxio’s ASPI, Roxio’s DirectCD, Roxio’s Win-On-CD, Roxio’s Easy CD Creator, … it crashes. :bow: