Olli soon you will be competing with alcohol 120% for the best 1/1 copying software!

thats right olli this new breed has just arrived
and it looks promising why hasnt there been eny new clonecd updates in a wile ?

you herd right that alcohol 120% has cracked securom NEW and protect cd vob 5

soon there will be 1/1 copys to backup securom NEW and Protect CD 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

justt wanted to no mate why no updates ? :bigsmile:

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
[Bsoon there will be 1/1 copys to backup securom NEW and Protect CD 5 :stuck_out_tongue:
[/B]

No. It is only possible by emulating the protection…

Well i thought if the software allows you to imaage the protection identical 1/1 then why cant you copy the same image back to burner with the same program you would think it would burn the image to cdr identical to the original !!

hmm or am i mistaken /.

its pritty crap if you still cant burn 1/1 with it hmmmmmm

stil it haas its uses :stuck_out_tongue:

At the moment, what is proposed and is being implemented with alcohol is emulation from an image mounted on virtual drive only. Actual 1:1 backups are still out.

But if we can burn the emulated image to CD-R we would be a little step further to 1:1 copy, right.

I know it’s not a real 1:1 copy, but if it works… it’s better then having 20 emulated images on your hardrive (in my opinion).

Competition is good it encourages people to do their best and achieve things they might not have, had there been no competition.

The more people working on a solution to the very latest copy protections the better, as they say “two minds are better than one”.

I have been following Alcohol the past few weeks and it does look promising, but no so much so as to ditch CloneCD. I’ll stick with CloneCD until something revolutionary comes out.

Until they figure out how to make 1:1 copies, I refuse to ‘pop a boner’ over it. :wink:

Well, the fact of the matter is that right now neither clonecd nor alcohol is the best duplication software.

At present, discjuggler is because it is the only program that can reliably make backups of safedisc 2.8x cds where alcohol fails, blindwrite fails and clonecd also fails except with a 48x Asus writer and a few other reader/ writer combinations.

(And yes I know that discdump/fireburner can also do so reliably and that cd-mate sometimes works though not in all cases.)

Originally posted by Upp3rd0G
[B]

No. It is only possible by emulating the protection… [/B]

do i need to use alcohol only for making the image or can i use CCD, BW, etc…

Originally posted by webcrawler
[B]

do i need to use alcohol only for making the image or can i use CCD, BW, etc… [/B]

First you’ll have to wait for the current beta (which can run an image successfully from a virtual drive) to be released. :wink:

Then you will have to make the image with alcohol with its special new securom 4 settings. You won’t be able to use any other program to make the image.

yeah… just read the cdfreaks news page! :slight_smile:

off topic: how did alcohol come with the name?

Originally posted by webcrawler
[B]yeah… just read the cdfreaks news page! :slight_smile:

off topic: how did alcohol come with the name? [/B]

Fantom CD=Ghost=Spirit=Alcohol

One of the developers from An Chen Company that makes Fantom CD jumped the company and started to develop Alcohol, thats why…fantom also means ghost and ghost also means spirit and spirit also means alcohol:-)…sorta funny imho