Olli should clonecd 4.01.6 by default allow AWS in US

I just uninstalled and used clone registry cleaner to remove clonecd from my PC and installed 4.0.1.6…I have a liteon burner…I did not want AWS…but it was enabled as was hide cdr media…I live in the US

I even manually checked and removed any other entries to clonecd

I had used the tool that allow access to these options in 4.0.13 to turn them off as I got bad SD2 burn…because it got enabled automatically in a previous version of clonecd

I have manually gone through clone profiles and turned off AWS but I am worried that AWS must still be on and will affect my burns…

thanks for any info

Originally posted by nealh
[B]I just uninstalled and used clone registry cleaner to remove clonecd from my PC and installed 4.0.1.6…I have a liteon burner…I did not want AWS…but it was enabled as was hide cdr media…I live in the US

I even manually checked and removed any other entries to clonecd

I had used the tool that allow access to these options in 4.0.13 to turn them off as I got bad SD2 burn…because it got enabled automatically in a previous version of clonecd

I have manually gone through clone profiles and turned off AWS but I am worried that AWS must still be on and will affect my burns…

thanks for any info [/B]

No, it should not allow it. Can you enable Hide CDR in the tray as well?

interesting … thanks for the quick reply

Do you think this will lead to any problems in burning…as I said I reset all the profiles so AWS is off…

when I uninstalled clonecd 4.0.1.3…I did so with its uninstaller…then ran the “clonecd registry editor” and removed all the entries supposedly then manually checked for any remaining entries and rebooted…

I may be sorry I used the tool to enable AWS in US as I can not seem to get it to stop…wonder if this just leaves registry entries behind that override the option when clonecd installs

thanks Olli…for the fast reply…I appreicate it…

Keep Up the good work…there simply is no better program and support out there

Originally posted by nealh
[B]interesting … thanks for the quick reply

Do you think this will lead to any problems in burning…as I said I reset all the profiles so AWS is off…

when I uninstalled clonecd 4.0.1.3…I did so with its uninstaller…then ran the “clonecd registry editor” and removed all the entries supposedly then manually checked for any remaining entries and rebooted…

I may be sorry I used the tool to enable AWS in US as I can not seem to get it to stop…wonder if this just leaves registry entries behind that override the option when clonecd installs [/B]

did you use that clone ccd4regkill.exe file to get AWS enabled? if u did run it again and it should ask you to disable it :slight_smile:

that’s tha only way i got mine to turn off after using it :slight_smile:

good luck.

Yes…but did not thing to rerun it as Olli suggested…I will do s oto remove it for the future but since Olli say if AWS is off its off I am ok…

thanks for all the great info

Maybe the tool left some crap in your registry…
Open up the registry editor, and then search for clone to see what happens =\

Originally posted by softwareguy
Maybe the tool left some crap in your registry…
Open up the registry editor, and then search for clone to see what happens =\

The tool doesn’t leave any crap, if you uninstall it like suggested: Start it again.

You do a lot of research on this tool, eh Olli? :bigsmile:

Originally posted by softwareguy
You do a lot of research on this tool, eh Olli? :bigsmile:

Sure, as we need to know what ill effects CloneCD add-ons can have on CloneCD operation. This is pretty important for the (poor) guys doing tech support.

No bugs @ the moment? (Tool)