Olli: I need to report a bug ? in CloneCD 4 Beta 30

vbimport

I had been using CloneCD since version 2...

I also have Nero 5.5.8.0 and WinOnCD 5 on my system and I run WinXP...
My writer is Liteon 24102B
My reader LTD 163 DVD

I have used CloneCD4 betas..everything was fine...installed Beta 30 couple days and had not used it or open clonecd4...

I went and used WinOnCD5 and my Liteon was listed as a 16x writer..max

So I figured something was screwed up after installing a service pack couple weeks back....so uninstalled WinOnCD5...clean the registry and rebooted and reinstalled....open WinOnCD5 ..set up the cdrw and boom no 24x write....so I install each service pack...5.01 then 5.02 reboot each time still 16x writer..so I get website update drivers to make sure it can do 24x write speed....install reboot and still 16x writer so I am really pissed...

I try Nero 5.5.8.0 and it lists it as a 16x write...huh?

No I am feeling sick..open clonecd4 beta 30 and I check write speeds..all speeds are available up to 48x ...so I go ahead and try write speed of 48x... figure Clonecd will drop to 24x as my liteon can not write at this speed...start the burn and stop it..everything seems fine...

Go back to Nero and WinOnCD and now my writer has the 24x write speed back....

Now I am not sure if clonecd 4 beta 30 was the "real" problem or what but thought I would pass this along....

Wonder if anyone else has seen this strange problem....

be patient my friend. wait for CloneCD 4.0 final for all these bug 2b sorted :wink:

Maybe I was misunderstood …I am not upset or concerned…just wanted to pass info on that maybe helpful…may not…may just be my system…you know how Windows behave …add a little software and you never know what crap will happen…

Olli provides great support so I thought this may be a bug so I just wanted to pass the info on…if I am the only one then it is likely my system created the bug…

sorry. i didn’t read ur whole post before i posted mine :wink:

no problem…It was such a weird problem …thought I would report it

Hi nealh,

Well as for the CCD 4.0 B30, I had experienced some thing a bit odd, sort of similar to yours but not identical.

Like CCD I also use Nero quite regularly, and I quite depend on it as I do with CCD.

When I installed CCD 4.0 B30 I had noticed that Nero 5.5.8.0 was freezing at some odd places. Some times at almost near the end when the recording is almost 95% done and some times dead centre in the middle at 45-50%.

I remembered that a while back there have been some reports of some issues with Nero and CCD similar to the case that I was having.

After fiddeling around with CCD and Nero for quite q while I was not able to get either of them work with out freezing. Now that was quite strange to me as I have never had an issue with Nero in almost 3 yrs !

In any case I remembered what Olli had mentioned as a solution,

I did the following:

• Uninstalled both Clone and Nero
  • Reboot
  • Installed Clone
  • Reboot
  • Installed Nero
  • Reboot

Now both Nero and CCD were getting alone and so far so good.

I know that in this case you are using WinOnCD5 and Not Nero, and if I remember correctly I Noticed that you have mentioned that you have uninstalled WinOnCD5 and reinstalled it and No go.

Why don’t you try to do this,

Although not necessary, I ran a scan disk on all my HDD’s defragged them all before I made any attempt to install anythng

• Uninstall all Clone, Nero and WinOnCD5
  • Reboot
  • Install CCD Beta 30
  • Reboot
  • Install Nero
  • Reboot
  • Install WinOnCD5
  • Reboot
  • Install WinOnCD5 service packs
  • Reboot

Now try your programs and see if you are still getting the same error, problem.

Good Luck ! :slight_smile:

Paradox the funny thing was once I ran clonecd 4 beta 30…everything fixed itself…or so it seems I running a backup now to see if the burns are ok…

it was weird…it was if a driver was effected until clonecd 4 beta 30 ran and then my cdrw was seen again by Nero and WinOnCD5 as 24x…even though clonecd never seem to have a problem

I was dreading having to unistall everything and do a reinstall…but looks lie everyone is happy again…

My burns at least by Cd Check are ok no CRC erros…will run them to see…

thanks paradox…good suggestion to remember…

wow happened again…I tried to make a backup of a backup…not a good idea most of the time…well the game was protected by securom2 and I got a bad burn…I think my backup is marginal it works fine…but the backup from it failed so I thought it was clonecd and uninstalled and reinstalled and gues what now my drive was a 10x with Nero and WinOnCD…tried to burn with clonecd4 and stop and reopen my other programs…Nero was ok…but not WinOnCD…so I used go back …all is well now…but this beta 30 is killing me

Olli…any comments

Originally posted by nealh
[B]wow happened again…I tried to make a backup of a backup…not a good idea most of the time…well the game was protected by securom2 and I got a bad burn…I think my backup is marginal it works fine…but the backup from it failed so I thought it was clonecd and uninstalled and reinstalled and gues what now my drive was a 10x with Nero and WinOnCD…tried to burn with clonecd4 and stop and reopen my other programs…Nero was ok…but not WinOnCD…so I used go back …all is well now…but this beta 30 is killing me

Olli…any comments [/B]

I have no idea. The only thing which might interfere with other programs - CloneCDs drivers - were not changed at all between CCD4 BETAs. In fact, only the copyright string has been changed between CloneCD 3.3.4.1 and 4.x

If you haven’t seen this problems with earlier versions, I assume there is some other “new” factor on your machine causing this. Maybe an updated version of the other applications.

Olli…I realized something last night the first time I did this and it happened a 16x cdr media was in my drive…and the programs Nero and WinOnCD5 saw the cdrw as 16x drive…this was after my original install of clonecd4 beta 30…the liteon will write 24x on these…

the second time I had burned a HighSpeed cdrw and uninstalled and reinstalled clonecd with the cdrw in the drive and then Nero and WinOnCD5 saw the cdrw as 10x drive…this time when I tried to burn with clone cd at max…not 48x…and stopped and rechecked Nero and WinOnCD 5 they still saw the drive as 10x…

So uninstalled clonecd and the problem persisted so I reverted my HDD with GoBack and all was well…uninstalled CloneCD4 and installed version 3.3.4.1 no media i nthe drive and the cdrw was seen as 24x…

then uninstalled clone 3.3.4.1 and reinstalled clonecd 4 beta 30 and Nero and WinOnCD5 saw cdrw still as 24x…so I do not know why this has happened but it may wel be a pecularity with my system

Thanks for the reply