@olli. Can you help me with this as I am stuck?

Hi Olli,
Slysoft couldn´t help me and I am stuck with my problem described here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=123730

I would appreciate any ideas to find out what causes this problem.

Thanks
Ricki

Sorry, I have no idea. (Except the usual: No 3rd party IDE drivers, no other strange software, …)

Thanks anyway Olli.

Why don’t you try to disable the Automatically Restart feature of Windows XP (System Properties–>Startup And Recovery) to get the Blue Screen that identifies the file that caused the crash? Just to make sure…

well, I finally wanted to reuse CloneDVD after I stopped using it due to the a.m. issue and followed your proposal GrG. I got the following error:

[B]DRIVER_IRGL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

dmx6fire.sys - Address F76186AF base at F760B000 Datestamp 3f4f0107[/B]

Now, this is my Soundcard and it seems that every time the DVD is finalized and the while the “jingle” of finalization palys the PC crashes. It seems the problem is located in thtis combination.

Question: Is it something CloneDVD can fix? or is it Terratec´s issue alone?

Thanks
Ricki

Have you got the latest drivers for your soundcard…

No, sorry. But you can disable the jingle.

disable the jingle in CloneDVD and see what happens. Just go into preferences and highlight those two wav references, right click and click cut.

Did you check and verify that the sounds are actually present in the directory.
Go to Program Files\Elabortae Bytes\CloneDVD2\sounds
You should see 3 wave files there. Double click on the success.wav file and you should hear the jingle play to the end if it is not corrupt. If it is corrupt just re-install Clonedvd.

If that doesn’t work just do as Olli and strachan suggested and disable the sound.
It’s no big deal if you don’t hear it, as long as your burn went well the computer doesn’t crash. With computers, some things are just not worth the effort to try to find the problem, sometimes they even fix themselves.

Good point! Maybe your soundcard doesn’t like the jingle, you can replace it with something else (the original jingle uses a little weird sampling frequency, maybe this is the problem? But Terratec should fix this…)

So here some results :slight_smile:
The sound files are where they ought to be, and they replay without issues when palyes from the preferences screen. No crash etc. The PC crashes when the jingle plays at the end of the burn process :frowning:

But now :iagree: I followed your suggestions and linked Nero wav files to play instead of the CloneDVD ones, and voila: no crashes anymore; at least after 7 tries :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks to all of you for your help :bow: . I am happy now. Nevertheless it remains an interesting issue for freaks, and that is where we are, aren´t we? :wink:

So here some results :slight_smile:
The sound files are where they ought to be, and they replay without issues when played from the preferences screen. No crash etc. The PC crashes when the jingle plays at the end of the burn process :frowning:

But now :iagree: I followed your suggestions and linked Nero wav files to play instead of the CloneDVD ones, and voila: no crashes anymore; at least after 7 tries :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks to all of you for your help :bow: . I am happy now. Nevertheless it remains an interesting issue for freaks, and that is where we are, aren´t we? :wink: