Oldversions?

vbimport

#1

http://www.oldversion.com/

What a bad ass site. I’m so glad someone decided to start archiving older programs, like the title says “Newer isn’t always better.” Such is with Real Player. Here you can get the infinitely less shitty Real Player 8 as opposed to the incredibly shitty Real One.


#2

No doubt man. I got a shit load of South Park episodes, season 1-5 on RM. Time to check 'em out again… It’ll do until my SP complete first seaon on DVD comes.


#3

Ah nice… now I can finally downgrade my Realplayer, because RM9 isn’t really a fine program…

Let’s see if there any old DOS tools on that site (like ARJ and such)…


#4

How about XTREE( DOS) – sure beats Windows Explorer for speed and convenience – especially if you don’t particularly like having to go through MS windows interface and are not afraid of command lines and can use a keyboard.


#5

This is a bummer unless you’re CZ and SK folks

http://www.cdr.cz/software/clone_cd/


#6

Originally posted by 1kyle
How about XTREE( DOS) – sure beats Windows Explorer for speed and convenience – especially if you don’t particularly like having to go through MS windows interface and are not afraid of command lines and can use a keyboard.

Maybe you should know that the old dos tools were made for fat16.

Some of the very latest were maybe made for fat32.

I certainly wouldn’t try using those old tools in windows XP, you are just asking for trouble :slight_smile:


#7

Originally posted by debro
[B]

Maybe you should know that the old dos tools were made for fat16.

Some of the very latest were maybe made for fat32.

I certainly wouldn’t try using those old tools in windows XP, you are just asking for trouble :slight_smile: [/B]
I am sure he knows :wink:


#8

Originally posted by Hemispasm
I am sure he knows :wink:

But how can you be sure :confused:


#9

Check this thread out … he’s been around long enough to have used it :wink:

Just joking 1kyle :stuck_out_tongue:


#10

Originally posted by Hemispasm
[B]Check this thread out … he’s been around long enough to have used it :wink:

Just joking 1kyle :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

My mum’s bee using computers since the dawn of man (back when they had apricots, microbees and the original apples) doesn’t mean she knows better than to use an old fat16 program on an much larger, and very NTFS partition :stuck_out_tongue:


#11

No Norton Commander ? :eek:

And where’s PcTools 4.1 ? :rolleyes:

4Dos ?

Pkzip 1.0 ?

Lotus 123 ?

Am i that old ? :bigsmile:


#12

Dynacalc ? :stuck_out_tongue:


#13

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]No Norton Commander ? :eek:

And where’s PcTools 4.1 ? :rolleyes:

4Dos ?

Pkzip 1.0 ?

Lotus 123 ?

Am i that old ? :bigsmile: [/B]

Oh dear god!
Unfortunately the answer to that is yes :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gone are the days of the command prompt, pctools, Pkzip and xtree, Oh and Windows just being another program that runs on top of the good old command prompt OS.

Geeeeeeeeeessssssssuuuuuuussssss…

Now i’m depressed cos my 1/4 century birthday is just round the corner :frowning:


#14

Originally posted by debro
[B]

Oh dear god!
Unfortunately the answer to that is yes :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gone are the days of the command prompt, pctools, Pkzip and xtree, Oh and Windows just being another program that runs on top of the good old command prompt OS.

Geeeeeeeeeessssssssuuuuuuussssss…

Now i’m depressed cos my 1/4 century birthday is just round the corner :frowning: [/B]

25 years ? that’s not old… i’m close to 30…

(and Stu will probably answer even that is a puppy age :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )

PkZip is not dead ! It still lived somewhere deep inside the c:\windows\ directory ( Yes , we used to call those things directories instead of folders ) till i recently reinstalled my system.

I miss 4dos… everything was good , except that horrible decript.ion thingy.


#15

Um, i must be set in my ways. Am I needlessly confusing people.

Directories are always gonna be directories.

I refuse to call them folders.


#16

@Belvedere: PCTools 4.1?? OMG!! 4.3 was THE version :wink: 4Dos is great indeed… but ok, BaSH brings a little of that feeling back :wink:

I still use some of those old dos utils. Even my own batch file dd.bat (displaying all .com .bat .exe in a dir) must be somewhere on my harddrive.

Anybody still know MCopy?


#17

I’m only 13 and I still remember DOS. I think I’ve still got DOS 6.2 somewhere.


#18

Originally posted by debro
[B]

Gone are the days of the command prompt, [/B]
… you sure…?


#19

Dude, command prompt is alive and well as far as I’m concern. Still use it for network debug and firmware/bios update don’t we? Excuse me if I can’t stand people doing even the simpliest things in DOS and had to result to everything windows… And don’t give me that excuse of not having a floppy drive, get one.


#20

i got called a console cowboy the other day , lol

so i rm * .o ;), and cried myself to sleep.