Older Movies : Updated DVDFAB (not working)

I’ve recently purchased a few older movies that for some reason keep coming up as : Need to purchase or wait for the new version of HD decrypter. This has been on the Free version of DVDFAB.

This happened on the latest Pirates of the Caribean and now on
“Super 8”. both movies are in good shape, playable condition.

I’ve changed the PathPlayer every which way with no results :(.

Could really use some guidance on this one.

Are these dvds or blu ray?

And its always a good idea to have a back up program for decryption. There are even a couple of free alternatives. (which I can’t mention in here, but I can if you make a new thread here: http://club.myce.com/f62/)

That is why a lot of us keep the “setup.exe” files on some older versions.
& have a couple installed.

For the Older DVD’s I still use Version 5.3.2.0 It still does must of the newer ones also.

Myself I use 8.0.8.5 for the older movies and even most of the new ones out now too

I’ll take the advise here and try using older versions and see what happens.

FYI all of my movies are DVD not Blu-Ray. also inthe future all keep some ofthe exe.set up on file , seems to make sense due to the frequency of of this particular problem.

here’s an odd bit, I trying going to 8.0.8.5 page. I was going to download it but it came up as : do you want to run 8.2.1.5

So how can I get the old 8.0.8.5 program and keep it as such ?

Try here: http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php

Kerry, Thank you very much. I’ll give it a try and post with results.

Kerry what is the best way to save the older updates seperatley so it does not interfere with my current updated DVDFAB ?

Should I Save it or Run it ? I am not the most computer savy with this stuff.

Each version number 5,6,7,8 all install separately and will not interfere with each other.
I have all on my computer

I haven’t needed to but you could even have them 8A ,8B,8C, etc for each version as you install them if you have the space & want that many installed.
I only keep a few actually installed but have several setup.exe for DVDFab if I need another version. I just temporarily install it.

[QUOTE=pacaguy;2661594]Kerry what is the best way to save the older updates seperatley so it does not interfere with my current updated DVDFAB ?

Should I Save it or Run it ? I am not the most computer savy with this stuff.[/QUOTE]

As bean55 has explained the different versions will coexist together quite happily.

Try 8.0.8.5. first and see how you get on as I don’t think there’s any need to install all the older versions.

8.0.8.5. is a good one to go with as it’s the last one before they changed the programming architecture to the Qt environment.

[B]Wombler[/B]

8.0.8.5. " BINGO" ! Thank you all very much all for your input, that did the trick for the older movies. I also made sure to add the older versions page to my favorites bar just in case this problem arises.

[QUOTE=pacaguy;2661805]8.0.8.5. " BINGO" ! Thank you all very much all for your input, that did the trick for the older movies. I also made sure to add the older versions page to my favorites bar just in case this problem arises.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you’re sorted. :cool:

Stick with 8.0.8.5. and whenever the current version gives problems use it instead.

That’ll probably see you sorted for just about everything.

[B]Wombler [/B]

DITTO: on what Eugene said on post # 11