Old tv, cable box, dvd recorder

vbimport

Hi all,

I’m a newbie here and I thought I knew about connecting simple things, but apparantly i’m a newbie in that catagory too. My problem is;

I have an old RCA tv with just the one cable hookup in the back. I’m also using Comcast’s Motorola cable box. I bought a Magnavox ZC320MW8 DVD recorder that came with the 3 cables (red, white, yellow) and I also bought the Phillips 4 X 1 RF Converter.

Now, my problem is that when I turn on the DVD recorder, it comes on just fine, but on every channel too. TV viewing goes away and I just get the blank screen on all channels. I can’t figure out what i’m doing wrong.

I’ve read other posts here, but nothing quite fits with this (simple?) connection. I’ve been looking around the net to try and figure out what i’m doing wrong, but either the answer is so simple that i’m just overlooking it, or is there something else I need to add?

I cannot really tell what you are doing and the RF converter is puzzling. In general, you should first connect the cable box to the wall, then connect to the recorder and then to the TV. If you can receive cable signals on the recorder, you won’t need the cable box first except for premium channels. Let me know what you want to do and if the recorder will receive cable signals and if you have premium channels and if you want to record and watch different channels at the same time.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the welcome :slight_smile:

Problem solved though now. A friend of mine came over and what I needed to do was add another set of the colored connectors, and I had the cable in from the wall in the wrong spot on the cable box. Also I removed the cable that looped between the connections in back (if that made any sense).

Atleast it works now, and thank you again. :slight_smile: