Old-Style 16x Verbatim in the 25-pack - 100 pieces (4x25) - $24.32 shipped

[QUOTE=Dennis L;2052424]This is good news - any preference / suggestions to which burns best (-R or +R) with new Sansung SH-S203 I just installed??

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yo Dennis-

I have the 202 and it burns either one really great and almost exactly the same (with the +R MCC 004 being preferred) to the point that I bought 300 _R and 200 +R last night-eh!!

Pay attention people. Here are the current items:

16 Purchases Left
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300222167410

13 Purchases Left
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300222452170

20 Purchases Left
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300222729482

Each purchase is 4x25-pack or 100 disks. They are all DVD-R. There is no DVD+R at the moment.

Just bought 300x (-R)'s. Would liked some +R’s, but none offered.
Still a excellent deal… $.214 per delvd.

I’ve confirmed with the seller that the DVD+Rs are out of stock. So, it’s DVD-R or nothing. Sorry folks.

My bad, no I know it’s not free shipping, I just set for 3 in buy it now and forgot that doesn’t add shipping until the next step :rolleyes:

Still stands as a great deal none the less.

[QUOTE=negritude;2052255]How did you come up with that figure? They’re $16.99 per 100. That alone will make them $50.97 before shipping. Did you have the impression that shipping was free?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2052669]My bad, no I know it’s not free shipping, I just set for 3 in buy it now and forgot that doesn’t add shipping until the next step :rolleyes: Still stands as a great deal none the less.[/QUOTE]

Yo-

Whew!!! Thought I had missed something-eh

Well I was so happy with the -R’s (even the prodisc) and didn’t want to miss out so my friend and I went in and bought 600 more :cool:

Yo-

My two orders shipped out right away - media mail - so it will take over a week to get across the country-eh!!

Yeah ours shipped out today, takes about a week, hope i get a few CMC spindles this time :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2053708]Yo-

My two orders shipped out right away - media mail - so it will take over a week to get across the country-eh!![/QUOTE]

Well he is all out of the Verbs + and - now :frowning:

Just wondering - is there any way we could find a wholesale distributor of these disks (or TY), and with the wonders of Paypal, set it up so that they’re drop shipped to all of us once everyone’s funds in total are in the distributor’s Paypal account?

I would think there would be a substantial discount if 10 trustworthy members ordered 200 disks each. Even the online retailers might be interested (like Supermediastore, Newegg or Rima).

[quote=WiltonParmenter;2055406]Just wondering - is there any way we could find a wholesale distributor of these disks (or TY), and with the wonders of Paypal, set it up so that they’re drop shipped to all of us once everyone’s funds in total are in the distributor’s Paypal account?

I would think there would be a substantial discount if 10 trustworthy members ordered 200 disks each. Even the online retailers might be interested (like Supermediastore, Newegg or Rima).[/quote]
I have looked into this previously and contacted Taiyo Yuden USA. Their response was that Rima.com is the only authorized Taiyo Yuden distributor in the USA, other Websites carry them but the minimum order is a pallet of 24 cases, with each case carrying 48 , 50 spindles. They suggested I contact Rima.com.

[QUOTE=WiltonParmenter;2055406]Just wondering - is there any way we could find a wholesale distributor of these disks (or TY), and with the wonders of Paypal, set it up so that they’re drop shipped to all of us once everyone’s funds in total are in the distributor’s Paypal account?

I would think there would be a substantial discount if 10 trustworthy members ordered 200 disks each. Even the online retailers might be interested (like Supermediastore, Newegg or Rima).[/QUOTE]

If somebody can set this up for TY TO2’s I’m in. I’m down to about 600 TY discs and now I only use them for my important backups.
budzos

[QUOTE=WiltonParmenter;2055406]Just wondering - is there any way we could find a wholesale distributor of these disks (or TY), and with the wonders of Paypal, set it up so that they’re drop shipped to all of us once everyone’s funds in total are in the distributor’s Paypal account?

I would think there would be a substantial discount if 10 trustworthy members ordered 200 disks each. Even the online retailers might be interested (like Supermediastore, Newegg or Rima).[/QUOTE]

this would be awesome :bow: Shipping worldwide :flower:

[QUOTE=budzos;2055443]If somebody can set this up for TY TO2’s I’m in. I’m down to about 600 TY discs and now I only use them for my important backups.
budzos[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too

[quote=budzos;2055443]If somebody can set this up for TY TO2’s I’m in. I’m down to about 600 TY discs and now I only use them for my important backups.
budzos[/quote]

I would think many members would join in, and probably pay an annual club fee to cdfreaks.com for the administration thereof. If there was a nice discount, and CDfreaks.com was able to order the minimum (which according to the post above about the # of pallets, is still quite a substantial order),
no one would object if cdfreaks.com charged a small markup (either through the aforementioned “club fee”, or per order through Paypal).

If this ever came to pass, you would have tech surfers from Anandtech to Videohelp to Afterdawn flocking to cdfreaks.com, not to mention all the bloggers and writers/editors from PC Magazine and Cnet!

I honestly don’t think that the margins on TY are so great, that you’re going to see a significant enough discount to make this worthwhile. In particular, if you start adding on some kind of markup for a club fee or administration fee, not to mention the cost to ship that much media, we might as well continue as we have.

We need to ask someone like Dolphinius, who is already a bit familiar with large volume ordering of media. He might be able to give us some insight into just how much can be saved, and whether it’s worth the time we’d have to invest to negotiate the deal and set things up. Our time also costs money you know.

Got mine this morning. Talk about some messy packing. Alot of the peanuts were crumbs and they stuck to everything and were all over the place. I had to go outside to get the spindles out and blow them off. They were delivered Saturday, but I was not here to sign for them. Be back in a bit with a scan. They are at least PAPA.

Here is one burnt at 8x.

Good stuff jigsw, did you get all Prodisc made?

See my post #6 about the peanuts :wink: