Old software?

Hi names Jepo the living earthling. I’m here to get help updating an old e-machine i got at the good will. I gotta used cdr/dvd drive and I’m trying to set it up. Mainly right now i just wanna burn the music i make. I can’t figure out what my problems are. will the driver be compatible? is there a software that is best for this old system. It’s running on win 98 and only has 4 gigs, since i wanna use this computer only for music production, I’de like to use an older smaller sized software that can just do the basic audio/data cd writing.

www.exactaudiocopy.de would work…

Thanks a lot I’m gonna try it out. I’ll be back to let you know how things went. I appreciate the help.:iagree:

If you want to burn MP3s to a CD, you may want to try an older version of Nero (3 I believe is the first one to do that). Don’t know if you can get it somewhere still…

Current software is not likely to do you much good…they are too demanding on your system

I just wanna save files to cd. so I can transfer them to another computer. Everything I do is in wav format. I’m not sure if the problem is w/ my cd writing software though because it isn’t recognized as a burnable drive. Something I’m confused. Can I take a newish cd/rw-dvd drive and put it in an old system. I used adaptecs forceASPSI and thought that worked. Do i need a better driver/firmware.

Hi,[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;1960729]If you want to burn MP3s to a CD, you may want to try an older version of Nero (3 I believe is the first one to do that). Don’t know if you can get it somewhere still…[/quote]Older Nero versions have the list of supported devices hardcoded in the software. This has changed with Nero 6.

Current software is not likely to do you much good…they are too demanding on your system
For audio CD-R burning, I’d try Burrrn, a very small piece of software.

Michael