Old School PSX Backups

vbimport

I have some Backups of my favorite games from playstation. there saved as Mds ansd Mdf files I would like to burn them and play them on my new PS2 the slim version. Where do I start. I am able to work my way around a computer so lay it on me. :wink:

Peace
Jester

P.s. Thank you to any an all those that help me!!!

IMGBURN + Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden Media CDR’s + Burn at 16-24x.

PS1 requires a modchip

PS2 playing backed up PS1 games requires a mod chip.

PS3 …???

[QUOTE=JuusJester;2063204]I have some Backups of my favorite games from playstation. there saved as Mds ansd Mdf files I would like to burn them and play them on my new PS2 the slim version. Where do I start. I am able to work my way around a computer so lay it on me. :wink:

Peace
Jester

P.s. Thank you to any an all those that help me!!![/QUOTE]

Use like Imgburn to burn them onto quality media at slow burn speed. But remember you will need a MOD chipped PS2 to play them.

or CloneCD + Daxon CD-Rs /Benq/ burned at 8-16x

Or HDadvance (Network or certain model PS2’s required), or USBextreme which uses a Boot DVD/CD and external USB HDD - No modchips required, no voided warranty :wink:

I will check out this HDD thing. Say I wanted to go to the MOD chip. Where would I look into that?

Google is your friend … and chinese newspapers.
Or newspapers from any other race which ignores laws & common sense in order to make money …

[quote=debro;2063603]Google is your friend … and chinese newspapers.
Or newspapers from any other race which ignores laws & common sense in order to make money …[/quote]

Yea No Kidding, I guess I should spend some time learning a different languages then.

"This is a Free Country, Your free to do as they tell you"

~unknown author

So that means MOD chips are illegal in the US? if thats the case i don’t need one. No need to go to Jail over a video game.

[QUOTE=debro;2063253]Or HDadvance (Network or certain model PS2’s required), or USBextreme which uses a Boot DVD/CD and external USB HDD - No modchips required, no voided warranty ;)[/QUOTE]
The best site IMO to learn about what you want to do is http://www.ps3news.com/ That is where i learned about what Debro speaks of.

So that means MOD chips are illegal in the US? if thats the case i don’t need one. No need to go to Jail over a video game

I wouldn’t worry too much about a modchip; if you were sharing music on the other hand, you’d have people wanting to arrest your cat to get at you.