Old question I know but what is the best reader,r/w combo?

vbimport

I know it's already been asked about a thousand times but just want to be sure I am buying the right gear.I am told that the Plextor px40ts and the Liteon 24102b is the best combo,but I have also heard that the Plex won't read Safedisc v2.51?:confused:

Reading’s fine, It’s the writing that’s a killer.

If you get them both, use Plextor for reading & LiteOn for writing.
But if you’re only using the Plextor for readin, you should go with the AOpen, as it’s better with cactus, and a better reader overall.

(No offense to Plex owners, just telling it like I think it is)

Do you have a model no. for the Aopen drive and can that cope with safedisc protection?

Also does the 24102b do anything that the faster 32 and 40 speed LiteOn drives can’t or vice versa?

whats the best CD-ROM to go with liteon? i couldn’t understand what u have said… sorry, may u explain please?

Well, im mounting my new computer, if u see something going wrong, please say something.

Motherboard: Asus A7V333 $183 ASA7V333-WR
Processor: ADM Athlon XP 1700+ $115 (Newegg)
RAM: DDR 333 CL 2.0 2.5V 5ns
HD: Maxtor 40GB #6L040L2 7200 133 (Newegg) $94 (An 80-Wire UDMA)
RW: Liteon 40x12x48 $125
ROM: Ultraplex 40TSi ($70) Ultraplex 40TSuwi ($80)
Toshiba SD-M1502 Toshiba SD-M1401 SCSI
Video: GF4 Ti4400 ($299)
SB: Sound Blaster Audigy XGamer $81 beatprice.com
Artic Silver III 6gr + Thermalright AX-7 + Delta 80CFM: $70

Well that depends on what your going to do ?

If your going to use Clone CD then Toshiba DVD is the best reader. It’s not a secret that LiteOn 2410-2b is excelent as a burner & DAE ripping.

If your going to rip audio with Cactus Data Shield protection then you’ll need Plex or Aopen for reader.

My setup = Toshiba DVD 1502 , Plextor px40 , LiteOn 2410-2b & all works like a charm , no problems & can copy everything thats out there (that can be coppied) at this moment of time. :cool:

xspdr , your system looks great & I only see one problem with it…it’s not in my House so can you please send it to me…:stuck_out_tongue:

Had to edit what I could copy before I got flamed about Tages

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]Reading’s fine, It’s the writing that’s a killer.

If you get them both, use Plextor for reading & LiteOn for writing.
But if you’re only using the Plextor for readin, you should go with the AOpen, as it’s better with cactus, and a better reader overall.

(No offense to Plex owners, just telling it like I think it is) [/B]

i totally disagree my ultraplex can read anything i’ve thrown at it. i’ve copied every type of protection excep for tages i havent come across a game that has that yet.

Just because Plex can read anything doesn’t mean it’s the best at reading it. Plex’s can have trouble with one or two audio protections that AOpens don’t.

the asus 40x drive that future proof did a review on a little while back is also VERY VERY VERY recomended.

from memory it got past all safedisk2 versions ?

dont quote me…ask futureproof.