Old Panasonic Elite plasma TV burn in help?

vbimport

I got a T.V back around 2005-2006. It was an elite by Panasonic. Don’t remember the exact cost but it was more than $3000 I believe but I’m not sure.

I’ve had NO burn in problems with the T.V whatsoever. I’ve played lots of games on it with no problems. When I got it set up in my new house the guy who set it up warned me about the burn in problems with plasma tv’s and how since this T.V was an old model. I still played loads of COD, Battlefield, etc. Mainly a lot of BF3 lately for hours at a time and I don’t get any burn in. Then, I got GTA and started playing that. Next thing you know, I see a burn in image of the radar in the bottom left corner.

So is this burn in fixable or is it permanent? Its not noticable on darker colors but on white it is somewhat noticeable. Only the left side of the circle radar is burnt in. I’ve tried going to Youtube on my xbox and playing a full screen video of static tv where its flashing black and white pixels rapidly. However, the quality is not that great and I don’t know if this is the right solution for burn in.

What should I do? Leave the static tv video on for hours at a time? Should I just ignore it and play a different game? Heres the link to the video I use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3JxA94ZAI

I can’t find any longer video or any better way to get a tv static video on my tv. I have comcast cable and I’ve tried taking the cable out to get the static tv but the screen just turns black.

So basically, is this the right thing to do for my T.V?

First off, welcome to our humble forum. Hopefully its just image retention and not a full fledged burn-in. Some folks use Cartoon Channel set to full screen to try to erase IR. If it does go away (could take hour to days to kill it) be sure to turn the contrast and brightness way down before you game on it again.

I will try that. I played Payday: The Heist recently and now the image of that is burnt in. What is wrong with my T.V I played COD and BF3 for hours and I never got burn in. Now I’m all of a sudden getting burn in with these new games i’m playing.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2640509]First off, welcome to our humble forum. Hopefully its just image retention and not a full fledged burn-in. Some folks use Cartoon Channel set to full screen to try to erase IR. If it does go away (could take hour to days to kill it) be sure to turn the contrast and brightness way down before you game on it again.[/QUOTE]

Also what do you mean buy cartoon channel u mean cartoon network?

[QUOTE=PhoKingBoss;2640553]Also what do you mean buy cartoon channel u mean cartoon network?[/QUOTE]

Yes. just be sure to zoom it out so the ‘CN’ logo doesn’t burn in.

The burn in problem.

First of all, be ready to accept that there is a possibility that you may never be able to fix this issue.

To make this attempt of correcting your problem you need to create a scenario where you screen is very busy using as many if not all the pixels on the screen for a lengthy period of time, maybe even do it several times. Avoid if possible any stagnate periods.

Give this a whirl.

[B]Link:[/B] http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/plasmatv/

:cool::cool:

Playing games on a plasma?

Thats something I’d never do.

Conclusion: that wrecked your TV.

I prefer the output of a plasma display, but recently bought LED mainly due to burn-in risks (and energy useage).