Old lady sues Sony, Samsung and others

vbimport

I just posted the article Old lady sues Sony, Samsung and others.

You know those people? Those that fill their pockets with one little thing they did in the past? Retired Columbia University Professor, Gertrude Neumark Rothschild, found out that…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14418-Old-lady-sues-Sony-Samsung-and-others.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14418-Old-lady-sues-Sony-Samsung-and-others.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Why use the term “old lady” ? That’s an insult to mature age people and a blatant misrepresentation of the article. Wake up to yourself CDFreaks.

Why use the term “old lady” ? That’s an insult to mature age people and a blatant misrepresentation of the article. Wake up to yourself CDFreaks.
I would have to agree with the above poster. It would have been better calling the article “Former College Professor Sues Sony” or something. Old lady brings connotations that it was someone like my gran, when its clear this is not what the case is about.

So #1 and #2 are saying that old ladies are disgusting people and therefore you shouldn’t call an old lady (a lady that is old) an old lady? If you are a former college professor makes your old age go away? Hypocrites.

What I enjoyed is that unlike almost every other country in the world our Patent system still allows the “little guy” or private inventor the power to take on the BIG guys and win. Go granny!

I didn’t call her an ‘old lady’ to insult her, I used the term to show that she wasn’t a young professor… If she would’ve been 23, I probably would have used the term ‘young lady’…
This message was edited at: 22-03-2008 16:25

I duo not care how you call it but whole tone of article including the title suggest that she did not deserved it, like the guy who sues McDonald’s for being too fat. If she developed this technologies then she deserves this “lot of money”.

Question, what constututes as being “old”? 35, 40, 45, 50, 55…? This is why you shouldn’t use connations like that in a news posting. If you wanted to emphasize an age, then mention the age of the plaintiff in the title. That way, people could make their own assumptions to whether this person is “old” or not. For instance, “63 year old retired university professor sues Sony and others over patent.”

Clearly a derogatory title and tone in this article. The person in question is a highly respected and extremely competent scientist. Diodes are hardly “one little thing” in her background, with dozens of awards and accomplishments. Just one more example of the embarrassingly low quality of CDF news postings lately.

lol no need to go on and on about the title. The title is in fact true. She is a lady and she is old relative to most of the people who read articles here. However substituting ‘elderly’ for old would have been more appropriate when referring to someone of that age.

Is she old? Yes. Ok, she’s an old lady. Big deal, grow up and quit crying over trivial adjectives. And why did she wait so damn long to file, I love ‘these people’. (by ‘these people’ I mean sue happy human beings, especially Americans) Ok, cry about THAT label. Oh, and almost forgot, what good will come of it? It’ll jack up prices for Joe Consumer, that’s it. Who’s gonna pay the court fees…that’s right WE ARE. Just like we are paying for the tobacco companies billion dollar lawsuits, and if you think not, you’re quite naive.
This message was edited at: 28-03-2008 15:03