Old data cdr's wont open in new computer

vbimport

I have ton’s of family pictures on an old tdk 8x cd-r, and it wont open on my new computer. I tried to open with windows explorer, and nero 6.6, but I keep getting session fixation error. I looked around the forum, but can’t seem to find anything that works. Is there someting I can do, so I can get those files off those olds cd-r’s? Thanks in advance for the help and advice. My new computer is a gateway and the drive is TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D. I hope that helps!

“session fixation error” when trying to read from a cd?

No way. I cannot believe that.

chef, I was getting the session fixation error when I tried to use nero to open the disc and end the session. I thought that might be why it wasnt reading. I used cd data recovery and it got all the pictures off the discs. I guess the discs were bad, they were all the same type. I appreciate everyone trying to help out, and sorry for the confusing post.

Have you tried isobuster?
This has worked on a number of occasions when other software has failed.

Maybe you could insert the cd and then “explore” the track/session in Nero to retrieve the data, or try with isobuster as suggested.

you can try imgburn and read it and then try to wright it to a new cd,but I think you are out of luck on this one.
Bruce

That’s a new one on me. Since when does ImgBurn READ disks?

Sorry I was thinking of dvd decripter,doing to many things at once.
Bruce

At post #3, the man said he already solve the problem.

Yeah, man. We need glasses. :eek: :bigsmile:

thanks again for the help, but I got it done. It was a bad disc, and I was able to use a cd recovery tool to get all the photos.