Old CDRs not reading on my DVD writer

vbimport

Hi all,

This is my first post here, and I couldn’t think of anywhere better to ask than here, looks like a great place.

I’ve been trying to retrieve information from old CDR’s but have been unable to do so for a long time…

the CD’s are:-

4 x boeder CD-R 74 recordable/GOLD
3 x TDK CD-R 74

My DVD writer is a Benq DW1620

Any suggestions on what I can do, is there a really good dvd writer out there that could read these disks? When I put the cdr’s in my drive, some of them show whats on the cd but I have trouble copying the files. And on some of them, they wont be recognised by Windows XP at all, and will make Windows Explorer hang… the dvd writer keeps flicking green slowly but nothing ever happens :frowning:

Hope you can help me :slight_smile:

Thanks

have you tried those discs in another drive?
copy their contents if possible on another machine and take it on a usb drive or burn a dvd …

I’ve tried them on my mum’s PC and on my work PC but no joy…

I’ve updated the list as I’ve just tried 2 of them and they work

but all of the boeder gold ones do not work! :frowning:

[QUOTE=Simcut;2029448]I’ve tried them on my mum’s PC and on my work PC but no joy…

I’ve updated the list as I’ve just tried 2 of them and they work

[B]but all of the boeder gold ones do not work![/B] :([/QUOTE]

They are old and crappy…

Try isobuster and cdroller.

[QUOTE=chef;2030000]They are old and crappy…[/QUOTE]Old yes, but doesn’t have to be crappy; boeder had all kinds of weird stuff, from Mitsui and Taiyo Yuden to Ritek and Princo.

http://www.instantinfo.de/showcdranbieter.php?ID=96

BenQ can be fussy readers. I’ve had CD-R that weren’t burnt well, that would not work in my Pioneer drives or BenQ but my LG was able to read them without any problems.

It absolutely depends on the CD-R.

I had a totally degraded one, neither my Pioneer DVR-112D or LiteOn DH-20A4P could read them after 4 hours in IsoPuzzle, but my BenQ DW1650, that I bought at this time, just breezed through it.

Its always good to have multiple drives and burners.