Old Aiwa will not play burned cds

I have an Aiwa CX-NA505 built in 1998 that will not play burned cds.

The player is in excellent condition and I do not want to buy a new cd player just so I can play burned cds on it, so if there is any possible way to get it to play burned cds, I would like to!

I have tried slowing the burn speed down
I have tried converting to different files (mp3 to wav)
I have tried a couple different brands of CD-Rs
And I have not used anything but CD-Rs

All of the cds I have burned work on my computer and in my car, just not on my Aiwa.

Any ideas? Help!
Thanks.

Which brands and types of CD-R have you tried?

The most likely solution lies in finding a compatible CD-R such as e.g. Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim AZO. There’s no guarantee your old CD player will be able to play any CD-R, however.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=Pandora03;2269405]I have an Aiwa CX-NA505 built in 1998 that will not play burned cds.[/quote]such happens. I have a JVC unit that is similar picky.

The player is in excellent condition and I do not want to buy a new cd player just so I can play burned cds on it, so if there is any possible way to get it to play burned cds, I would like to!
(…)

Any ideas?

The magic* of making CD-R playing in such picky players depends

[ul]
[li]on the drive that is used for CD burning[/li][li]on the blank media that was used and[/li][li]on the speed used for burning.[/li][/ul]
With my JVC, this worked (for me):
Burner: Pioneer DVR 112 or Optiarc AD7200
Media: Ritek or CMC (unfortunately the premium grade TY failed also)
Burn speed: 16x

Additionally, cleaning the lens of the player (mine is easily accessible) helps improving the playability.

Michael
*) sometimes it helps if the disc is burned at midnight on full moon by a red haired virgin

The cd brands I have tried are HP, TDK, and a couple others that I can’t remember. So I’m going to try the brands suggested.

What about the CD-R +/- factor? Is plus or minus better?

My burner is Lite-On (it [I]burns [/I]cds and [I]plays [/I]dvds). That’s all I know about it.

Thanks for your help!

[QUOTE=Pandora03;2271811]What about the CD-R +/- factor? Is plus or minus better?[/quote] Unlike DVDs, there is only one standard for CD-R media - in other words, there’s no such thing as CD+R.

My burner is Lite-On (it [I]burns [/I]cds and [I]plays [/I]dvds). That’s all I know about it.
Unfortunately, LiteOn drives aren’t the best for burning CD-R media. Perhaps you can try to burn one of your CD-Rs in the burner of one of your friends or family, and see if that produces a disc that plays in your Aiwa?

Awesome, thanks for all your help!

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2271815] Unfortunately, LiteOn drives aren’t the best for burning CD-R media. [/QUOTE]:iagree:

@Pandora03: see if you can get access to a Pioneer or NEC drive.

Michael

Will it play cdaudio files